8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » How to change the frequency of Elmo F16-HL projector?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How to change the frequency of Elmo F16-HL projector?
Faguo Zhao
Junior

- posted July 07, 2017 12:10 PM      Profile for Faguo Zhao   Email Faguo Zhao   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a Elmo F16-HL film projector. The frequency is 50Hz OR 60Hz according to the sign of projector.

The power is 50Hz in our country. I do not konw how to change the frquency to 50Hz?

This kind projector has only one frequency wheel.

However other Elmo projectors(F16-250HL,16-A,16-AA, xp350,CX-350,etc) have two frequency wheels which could change the frequency from 60Hz to 50Hz.

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted July 07, 2017 02:31 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My humble opinion, you cannot change the frequency....it will be a super expensive technology, if there is a sort of frequency converter.

I do not know in 16mm, but some 8mm projectors are run by 2 different type of motor, AC or DC.

The thing that will impact to the projectors by the frequency is the motor speed.

If it is AC, then the speed is modified by moving the belt to the different pulleys, making the speed faster or slower.

If it is DC, the the speed is changed by turning two small pots on the mother board.

Cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Faguo Zhao
Junior

- posted July 07, 2017 10:37 PM      Profile for Faguo Zhao   Email Faguo Zhao   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks your reply, Winbert

Elmo F16-HL projector's power is AC 90-110Volt. it has only only pulley, so it could not change the frequency according to defferent pulley.

The sign shows: AC 90-110Volt. 50&60Hz It means it could run in this two frequencies?

Other Elmo 16mm projectors(F16-250HL, 16-F, 16-AA, xp-350 etc) which have two kind of pulleys to change the frequency shows on its sign: 50/60Hz

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted July 08, 2017 05:51 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Faguo

Have you actually tried to run the Elmo on your mains supply?

I see that Japan (where the Elmo was manufactured) is a divided country with its mains frequency where both 50Hz and 60Hz are used.

Perhaps the Elmo has a clever circuit to detect the mains frequency and is able to set itself.

--------------------
Maurice

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC