8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » No Sound on Eiki SNT 0

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: No Sound on Eiki SNT 0
Tom Dee
Film Handler

- posted July 17, 2017 10:53 PM      Profile for Tom Dee   Email Tom Dee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have just aquired a Eiki SNT 0 16mm projector and there is no sound coming from it, here is what I checked. The exciter lamp is blown I know it needs the bulb to read the sound but there is no hum coming from the speaker. I took off the back cover and un plugged the speaker cable and plugged in my headset direct..nothing no interference or hum..nothing. I changed the fuses put new ones in...still nothing. Is there anything I should be checking or doing? Worse case scenario what would I need to get the sound up and running,and how easy is it to do?

Thanks
Tom

Other issues to follow shortly

|  IP: Logged

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 18, 2017 01:31 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Check the simple things first. The exciter lamp comes on when the amplifier is switched on, so it is part of the circuit. It could be that when you replace the exciter lamp that the amp will work. Not a definite fix but the exciter lamp will have to be replaced anyway.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC