8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » B& H TQ1 More lens help please

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: B& H TQ1 More lens help please
Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted September 23, 2017 02:39 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all, please take a look at these images and can i ask,
For the B&H TQ1 with standard 50mm lens, (asking for a friend please),with no screw thread on the back of this sankor lens, (48mm version), how can this lens be utilised for this particular machine please.
Is there a specific bracket that was ever made for these?
I know from the other thread that a scope lens generally screwed directly onto the existing lens but with no screw thread on this lens i cant seem to work out how best to get this in use.
 -
 -

|  IP: Logged

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 26, 2017 08:46 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom
TQ projectors do not have provision for a scope bracket to be fitted to the machine. As you are aware the recommended scope lens for these projectors screws directly onto the prime lens. By the look of it the only way this lens could be adapted is for it to be mounted on a free standing bracket in front of the projector.

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 26, 2017 09:02 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Terry,

The lens in question belongs to me and it came with a free standing bracket which is fine for Super 8mm - however the bracket is not tall enough for my TQ1 - I have delveloped a temporary solution but I will probably have to ask Classic Home Cinema if they can supply a screw bracket that will fit the standard 16mm 50mm fixed lens and the 42mm sankor scope lens.

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 26, 2017 04:12 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have screw brackets to fit this lens I will have a look for them

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 27, 2017 07:53 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks David

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 01, 2018 06:47 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did you get your lens sorted out?. You need a stepping ring. CHC might supply these. I bought my scope lens from Paul Foster, and he had the stepping ring to go with it. Screws directly into the standard 50mm lens.

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 02, 2018 05:02 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Robert,

No I haven't got it sorted - one dealer did promise - but as of yet - it has come to nothing. My problem is although there is a slight thread inside the barrel of the scope lens - I have found no suitable stepping ring - Paul Foster sent me two - but I had to return them both as they were not suitable - so I need to email Phil at Classic.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted January 02, 2018 05:36 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom
Have you seen this TQI?
I have a TQI model 655QE and it has three tapped holes on the panel near the lens. I assume they could be used for attaching a 'scope bracket.
I have never looked into it as my Bell & Howell anamorphic has the screwed ring already attached to it.
Regarding a screwed ring, you could contact SRB Photographic who would probably be able to make the required size ring to order.
http://srb-photographic.co.uk/step-rings-769-c.asp

--------------------
Maurice

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 02, 2018 06:56 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I see your problem now David; my scope lens doesn't have a thread at one end. The diameter of mine I think is 42mm, yours is quite large at 48mm.

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 02, 2018 09:15 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Robert,

I think your a little confused - Tom made the mistake of saying that the rear barrel of my sankor scope lens is 48mm - its only actually 42 or 43mm - I will have to measure it accurately - I am hoping that phil from classic might have something available that i can buy that will attach this lens to me standard 50mm lens then i'll be fine.

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 02, 2018 09:36 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi David, I've just found that my lens has a rear thread, to fit the rear dust cap. No idea what size the thread is. This is my set up, where the ring clamps on to the barrel, then screws into the B&H lens.

-

-

-

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 02, 2018 12:05 PM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Robert,

a nice set up - hopefully something I can get soon

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC