8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » A Star Wars Example of Supply and Demand? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: A Star Wars Example of Supply and Demand?
Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted October 07, 2019 03:42 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To save you time:-
Sold for US $6,299.00 with 27 bids.

--------------------
Maurice

|  IP: Logged

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted October 07, 2019 02:18 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You could surely source a new copy somewhere in the States for much less than that.

Crackers.

Pass me the £6 Blu Ray please, special goings on or not.

Best Mark.

Nantawat Kittiwarakul
Master Film Handler

- posted October 07, 2019 07:29 PM      Profile for Nantawat Kittiwarakul   Email Nantawat Kittiwarakul   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmmmmmm

How much does it cost to strike a new 16mm print?
My wild guess it around a few grand, but probably less than 6K... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Just a lone collector from a faraway land...

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 10, 2019 07:02 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Surprising where "Grizzly" shows up! [Smile]

Now, these days, even if i can't watch it, I would LOVE a 35MM print of it, (Grizzly), but I really do thank all those on and off the forum that have let me kno about the random "Grizzlys" wandering about.

I think Melvin and Steve are quite correct about that "perfect storm" scenario, (and don't we sellers love it when those rare circumstances pop up, eh?), but it's a damned nuisciance to us small potato collectors.

... and really, it's only reserved for those very few big titles that defy "conventions". Star Wars is one of them, no doubt among the very few, as people from all walks of life, who would think that a projector is something to make pizza with, will still want a piece of "history" when it comes to they're beloved STAR WARS!

I mean, there are other well loved and rare titles, mostly those very good Derann, Kempski and otherwise scope features that can fetch upwards of 500.00 to possibly a thousand, but STAR WARS is that anamoly that defies categorization.

quite frankly, I was surprised to see that the super 8 scope print of "Forbidden Planet actually went for what it did as, from what i have read on this forum, it wasn't really put into production on super 8 and was only relegated to a few "test print" and so, incredibly rare.

Another incredibly rare print is "Duck Soup" (as a feature).

Oh, one last thing ...

New "glossy" versions of these classics often have "tweaked" color and are often NOT the original color palette that we remember. I had a U.S. bluray of "Neverending Story" and the whole image was very off color, the non U.S. printing (by a different company) had much more realistic colors more true to the original release.

... but I have seen this many times over, far too often, where people these days, in order to make the film more "palette-able" to modern color blind people (made that way by modern color techniques), so that they won't be un-nerved by the presence of very real, natural colors!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Rodney Bourke
Film Handler

- posted October 22, 2019 06:46 AM      Profile for Rodney Bourke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Also in Star Wars on 16mm

see now on ebay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/16mm-Film-THE-MAKING-OF-STAR-WARS-1977-Bonus-EMPIRE-STRIKES-BACK-Trailer/233372269625?hash=item3656123c39:g:I1AAAOSw4pJdqQMi

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC