8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » The Ultimate collector

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Ultimate collector
Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted December 24, 2017 01:43 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On the 8mm forum i bought up faded film viewing,
Recently Robert Crewsdon contacted me with this,
VS? 10 minutes and it's actually advertised as unplayable,
Can anyone tell me what this seller is even thinking? Just when you think you have seen it all on ebay then this comes along.

Let me put a question to the seller for [Big Grin]
https://www.ebay. com/itm/Rare-16mm-Film-Stock-STEPIN-FETCHIT-Slow-Poke-1933-Degraded-Unplayable-See-Photo/391948548485?hash=item5b41f43985:g:mqoAAOSwIGJaOpp8

I have asked the seller
Hi,
I just wanted to ask if your price is correct as this item is completely un-usable, if a 16mm film smells of vinegar no one will be able to run.
Is that price of 149.00 correct or is it meant to be 4.99 please?
Regards

|  IP: Logged

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted December 24, 2017 02:37 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think people sometimes suffer from a " because I own it " type of thing so its worth lots of money because of that.

It very much does not apply the other way around though usually.

Some film is just a total binner and should go there, and no where else.

Best Mark.

Daniel D. Teoli Jr.
Film Handler

- posted December 24, 2017 07:29 PM      Profile for Daniel D. Teoli Jr.   Email Daniel D. Teoli Jr.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
People are free to ask what they like.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted December 25, 2017 10:31 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyway lads, i checked out the listing which Robert pointed out to me for fun, it isnt his actual listing, Its a joke of a listing. Here is the reply the guy came back with.
Feel free to bid with this rip off listing.hehe

New message from: akachuck (37,945)
Hello,

Yes, we stated in the title and several times throughout the description that this item is degraded and unplayable as a movie. And also as we mentioned, a photographer could capture "still photos" from thousands of frames throughout the reel. It's being offered as an excellent source of photographs, not as a movie to play in a projector.

Michael

[ December 25, 2017, 12:12 PM: Message edited by: Tom Photiou ]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC