8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Great Films from Paul Foster

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Great Films from Paul Foster
Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted January 03, 2018 04:21 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love musicals and have just bought two great films from Paul Foster.
1) MGMs "Maytime" (1937) with Jeanette MacDonald & Nelson Eddy.
2) Vincente Minnelli's "On A Clear Day You Can See Forever" (1970) with Barbra Streisand. This is in 'scope and Technicolor. Some filming was at Brighton on the UKs south coast.
Thank you, Paul.

--------------------
Maurice

|  IP: Logged

Clive Casey
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 04, 2018 10:17 AM      Profile for Clive Casey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Maurice, Im pleased that you have bought 2 good musicals from Paul Foster, I can't even get a reply from him. I have emailed 3 times over the last few months regarding different films, and he hasn't even had the courtesy to reply, even if it was just to say "sorry its sold". It doesn't give you much confidence.
Regards, Clive

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted January 04, 2018 11:20 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Clive he does have a new email address.

Possibly why.

I`ll send you it when home.

Best Mark.

Clive Casey
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 04, 2018 12:11 PM      Profile for Clive Casey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mark, Thanks for the reply. Each time I tried to contact him I used the link that he has on his web site, how else do we get in touch?
Clive

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 04, 2018 12:29 PM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Clive; I don't know why Paul Foster hasn't updated his details. His current email address is : filmandtvgems@btinternet.com. His phone number is 01803 843630. He's a very good person to deal with, I've had the bulk of my 16mm films from him.

[ January 05, 2018, 03:24 AM: Message edited by: Robert Crewdson ]

Clive Casey
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 04, 2018 03:19 PM      Profile for Clive Casey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Robert, Thanks for the update, I will remember his correct email address if I need to email him in the future. Regards, Clive

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 04, 2018 04:10 PM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just re-read your earlier comment Clive; Paul obviously never received your enquiry; he would always reply, even if to say it was sold.

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted January 04, 2018 05:12 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Robert, and good luck Clive.

Best Mark.

David Hardy
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 05, 2018 04:15 AM      Profile for David Hardy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree Robert.

Paul has always been a good person to deal with. He is very helpful and very prompt in his responses.

Any time I had a problem with any print I purchased from him he has never failed to resolve the issue in some way. [Smile]

--------------------
" My equipment's more important than your rats. "

Clive Casey
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 05, 2018 06:34 AM      Profile for Clive Casey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi David, I am not disputing that he is a good guy to deal with, I just think he should have his web site giving out the correct information, or how do people get in touch with him. Before I became a member of this forum I used to look at the posts and saw that Paul Foster had posted an Autumn sale which is when I emailed him first, so it isn't something that has just happened.
Thanks Robert and Mark for your replies.
Best wishes to everyone, Clive

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 05, 2018 06:57 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It wasn't a criticism of you Clive; Paul should have updated his contact details, he shows two emails, and both are not in use, also he doesn't show a telephone number. I only received his details as a long time customer. Naturally, anyone not getting replies would think as you did.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted January 05, 2018 09:31 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I always use the telephone to contact Paul.
As mentioned above, it's 01803 843630.

--------------------
Maurice

Paul Foster
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 06, 2018 02:37 AM      Profile for Paul Foster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Clive,
Have only just seen this thread and can confirm I have never received any emails from you. Clicking on the email link on the website is the way most people contact me so not sure why your emails did no come through yet everyone else's did. I always reply even if to say already sold. Anyway you now have all my contact information and as I said the email link on website is working fine. Suggest you do a test and I will add you to the list which lets you know when website is updated. Thanks Paul.

Clive Casey
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 10, 2018 11:44 AM      Profile for Clive Casey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
PM sent Paul

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC