8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Did you ever buy a 16mm sound scanner?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Did you ever buy a 16mm sound scanner?
Daniel D. Teoli Jr.
Film Handler

- posted January 25, 2018 03:02 PM      Profile for Daniel D. Teoli Jr.   Email Daniel D. Teoli Jr.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How did it work out for you?

Seems scanners are a tough area to crack unless you got very deep pockets. I see they got some cheap Telecine units on ebay. But when it comes to 'frame by frame' units there is not a whole lot out there for home use.

I wrote to a couple of companies that sell some very expensive units and they never bothered to even reply. Wrote them back again, same thing, no reply. Some other companies have stopped selling scan units altogether. I guess they went out of biz or who knows. Does not smack of putting confidence in their biz to fork over $.

How did you do on your quest? Did it work out well for you?

I used a commercial scanner to do some scans. It is $ and the service is poor. (Quality was OK, service was bad.) I was hoping to do 16mm sound scans myself someday.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC