8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » B&H 1575A Lower Sprocket Skips Gear Teeth

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: B&H 1575A Lower Sprocket Skips Gear Teeth
Steve Kraus
Junior

- posted February 12, 2018 02:08 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Kraus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I may have already found the answer online but I would like to get some verification.

I picked up this slot loader at a hamfest. There are issues with the lower sprocket which seems to be skipping some teeth but the way this machine is built, much of the mechanism is on a sub plate. The lower big gear driven by the white worm does not drive the lower sprocket directly. I can't seem to understand how one gets access to that area to even see what is going on.

So question number one: How does that come apart?

As I said I may have answered the question of what is going on thanks to an eBay ad by Larry Urbanski which states:

If the bottom loop on your B&H Slotload gets bigger and bigger when you are projecting a film, this gear is cracked and needs replacing. This part is the drive gear for the bottom sprocket. Replacement requires special tools (bristol wrenches)...

I would like to disassemble that area to see what's going on as sometimes it seems to hold solidly. But if it is as Larry's ad for a lower sprocket gear ($35) suggests, then I think the projector is toast as I don't want to put money and a huge amount of effort into a projector that I only have maybe $15 in.

Which leads to the question number two: What should I save when I junk this? I do have a couple of old turquoise machines with tube amps. I might want to make use of the 1575A's amp even if it has to be outboarded.

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted February 12, 2018 02:51 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve
You may be interested in this problem reported recently on the Forum.
http://8mmforum.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=001742#000007

--------------------
Maurice

Steve Kraus
Junior

- posted February 12, 2018 05:22 PM      Profile for Steve Kraus   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Kraus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you. I had been searching by my model number.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC