8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Bell and Howell 1680 slot loader, strange issue?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bell and Howell 1680 slot loader, strange issue?
Mark L Barton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 02, 2018 06:08 PM      Profile for Mark L Barton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, I havea B&H 1680 Slot loader, very easy to lace up etc and works fine BUT...the optical part of the film does not line up with the optical reader. As the film is moving I can carefully 'push' the film slightly over and the sound will get picked up. I can't see any reason why the film would not be in line as it appears to be seated properly within all the guides. Isit possible that the light pick up, or lens that projects light thru the optical sound, has moved, can it be adjusted? Does any one have a similar problem and fixed it. And, phew, can anyone advise where I can find teh operators manual for this projector, may Im lacing it wrong???? Many thanks

|  IP: Logged

Nantawat Kittiwarakul
Master Film Handler

- posted April 05, 2018 05:28 AM      Profile for Nantawat Kittiwarakul   Email Nantawat Kittiwarakul   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes,the alignment of the sound optic is now definitely off. Not sure about the slot-loader version,but the autoload version would have the lateral guide roller just before the sound drum. That's where you need to adjust.
The catch is that without proper test/alignment film,it would probably hit/miss. But that should be better than nothing anyway.

--------------------
Just a lone collector from a faraway land...

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC