8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Eastman Safe.ty Film

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eastman Safe.ty Film
Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted May 24, 2018 03:33 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here is a query for members.
Just bought a 16mm feature which has wonderful colour. The edge marking is EASTMAN SAFE.TY FILM, it has a date code of square circle triangle which is 1985.
Is this a successor to LPP?

--------------------
Maurice

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 24, 2018 04:02 AM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Maurice

I'm unsure of the exact date but Eastman stopped edge labelling their stock LPP during the mid 1980s so yes this would be the same or better low fade wise than the original LPP marked stock.

Some features I sold earlier this year were filmed in the late 80's and early 90's with just Eastman Safety Film and a code symbol on them - no mention of LPP - as long as the Eastman is made after 1982 there should be no need to think it is not low fade.

Kevin

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted May 24, 2018 04:10 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Kevin, yes, the film was also made in 1985. "Out Of The Darkness".

--------------------
Maurice

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 24, 2018 04:19 AM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All the 'tick boxes' apply to that one Maurice - from the reviews I've just read you have an excellent film there in every way to enjoy with no fade concerns.

Kevin

Robert Crewdson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 24, 2018 04:38 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just bought a film and the edge code was 1982, and it's red, shame it was just too early.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC