8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Elmo 16cl blowing 2A amp fuse

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elmo 16cl blowing 2A amp fuse
Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 22, 2018 04:18 PM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just started happening tonight, no rewind on the front arm (rear arm is fine in both forward and reverse). Noticed the transformer is buzzing too, which I'm assuming is not a good sign. Is it all kaput?

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted June 25, 2018 10:13 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One would assume there's a fault somewhere in the amplifier but the amplifier may have some electronic parts to assist rewinding. I quote from the Service Manual:-

"The rewinding mechanism consist of Feed Reel Arm, Delay Device (Delay Circuit, Magnet Clutch, etc) & Slipping Mechanism.
The 16-CL is designed to rewind film with 70-80% lower torque than the normal torque only for 3-4 seconds after which the motor starts rewinding in order to prevent film damage".

I read into this that there may be some electronic parts and no doubt they may be near the amplifier and so controlled by the amplifier fuse.

Check out the feed arm. Is everything in order?

You can click below to access the Film Tech manuals for the Elmo 16-CL.

http://www.film-tech.com/warehouse/index.php?category=2#16mm Projectors

[ June 26, 2018, 02:42 AM: Message edited by: Maurice Leakey ]

--------------------
Maurice

Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 26, 2018 02:53 AM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Maurice.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC