8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Unusual Castle Colour Print

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Unusual Castle Colour Print
Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted August 17, 2018 03:27 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I read in Scott MacGillivray's excellent book on Castle Films that they used many different colour processes over the years, Cinecolor, Technicolor, Kodachrome, Ansco, and the more common, and less expensive, Eastmancolor.

So, when a seller recently advertised a colour cartoon which was issued by Castle between 1968 and 1977 as having 'good colour' I must admit that I was a trifle apprehensive bearing in mind the recent problems that a fellow member had with his purchase of colour films.

I took a chance and bought the film. When it arrived I was very surprised and very pleased to find the colour was better than good, in fact, it was even better than very good.

The reason? It was on Agfa Geveart 2S stock, not AG as is usually found, but with black perforations and the words in red. It's surprising that this colour stock was not mentioned in the book.

I have usually bought Castle cartoons on black & white stock to avoid a probably faded Eastmancolor print, but this film was quite a surprise.

--------------------
Maurice

|  IP: Logged

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 17, 2018 07:12 AM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What is the title of the film?

Eberhard Nuffer
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 22, 2018 11:28 AM      Profile for Eberhard Nuffer   Email Eberhard Nuffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like reversal stock.
Perhaps a bootleg print?

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted August 23, 2018 02:00 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As a Castle aficionado, curious to know the title - Stock Agfa is rare and does hold up, Shorty

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC