8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » 16mm Eiki SSL 2 Supply arm Gear Noise

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 16mm Eiki SSL 2 Supply arm Gear Noise
Mathew Ranjit
Junior

- posted September 06, 2018 11:42 PM      Profile for Mathew Ranjit   Email Mathew Ranjit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings to all,

I have an issue with noise at the supply arm gear of my 16mm Eiki SSL 2 . This noise is there only when projector is in forward mode ( with or without the film reel on the supply arm )and no sound while rewinding .

While in forward mode with the noise there I just touch the on the toothed gear slightly without any pressure applied the noise goes away.

I searched the web for any similar reported problem and found a video posted in you tube for a SSL 0 model with the same problem.

I removed the gear and rewind clutch assembly cleaned checked for any wear on the gears etc. and couldn't find anything and reinstalled everything back. Only thing I could not check was the small bearing under the lock nut.

What could be the issue .Any advice on this matter is highly appreciated.

Thank you

Best Wishes

Mathew

--------------------
Matt

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC