8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » My Toy has landed.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My Toy has landed.
Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted October 01, 2018 02:39 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today i recieved my new toy for playing with.
An Eiki SL-2 super slot loader projector. I know it's not the later slimline but this one has many improvements over the NT1 that i already have.
The seller did advertise it stating "the lamp lights but the reels dont turn so cant guarantee it works properly".
Well, there were two things i didn't expect,
1/ i certainly didn't think it would work much because the start price was only £149 and no one else bid.
2/ I did not expect the machine, (aside its two minor faults), to be as immaculate as it is. It also comes with an Eiki Zoom converter.
There isn't a mark on it anywhere. The only reason the reels dont turn is the fact that the small motor belt that spins the whole thing has disintegrated. All the other belts are absolutely fine. A good friend of our hobby found this machine for me otherwise i would have missed it. I would say this projector has had very little use. The supplier did a fantastic job of packing it. Shed loads of bubble wrap all around, over and under, a box in a box with gallons of the polystyrene chips and good solid tubing all around to prevent any hard knocks.
This is a magnetic and optical machine but the magnetic side is not something i am bothered with. I cant wait to get it all cleaned and oiled up and get a film on it. Just hope everything is steady on screen [Wink] [Cool]
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

|  IP: Logged

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted October 01, 2018 03:34 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks lovely Tom, should last you for years.

I`m after a golden slot load for my son, to really get him going.

Mind you, one like that would do him very nicely too.

The plan is to hide it in his house under the stairs with a nice small super 8 machine in there too.

Anyway thats a beauty and should see you well for many years.

Happy runnings. Great buy etc.

Best Mark.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC