8mm Forum

my profile | my password | register | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » magicmountains Mark Todd

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: magicmountains Mark Todd
Brian Stearns
Master Film Handler

- posted January 07, 2019 09:00 PM      Profile for Brian Stearns   Email Brian Stearns   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"New EBay message from: magicmountains

Hi sorry for the delay, just had a bit of weekend of it with a family crisis and also my washing machine going bang, literally.

I`ve had to pay nearly as much as the film and posts etc to find out its totalled !!! well. beyond economic repair.

Would you mind if we cancelled the sale please.

And you sell to the next buyer.

I`ve over the weekend decided I`m not going to do 16mm features any more.

And sell the few I do have towards a washer.

I might even let cine go alltogther and just do LCD even as I have an old cheap office LCD projector makes even 16mm look silly.

Anyway if OK and you can cancel please and send me your paypal email I`ll send $10 over as well to cover the difference + so you are no worse off.

Sorry for the bad timing etc, been doing it for 30 years.

Very best wishes and apologies, Mark"

Mark Todd asked to cancel the sale because he could not pay. Which is lame because I see him selling film here and getting way more money than to not afford a 40.00 film that he won from me. The honorable thing would be to just pay for it and not tarnish your reputation. Imagine an active collector on this forum requesting to cancel a sale. Shame

He wasted my time. The film was all packed and ready to go. I guess I was foolish to think he would pay. I should not have to deal with this. It's not easy as he says "And you can sell to next buyer Now I have to relist and wait another week and hope someone buys.
other collectors should not have to deal with your nonsense and excuses. Oh you'll give me 10.00 to cover. Keep your money.Consider yourself blocked from future auctions. Other boards will be notified as well. I don't care what excuses you give

|  IP: Logged

David Baker
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 07, 2019 09:15 PM      Profile for David Baker   Email David Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Too bad Brian , this is the guy that was going to give money to Evan about his " good color " EXORCIST 3-Parter a while back too .

Just too bad stuff like this tarnishes the hobby and certainly discourage you to deal with these so - called " film collectors " .

I wish it was more about creating a good relationship among fellow collectors .

Funny , just so happens he was asking to " trade " or " buy -cheap " super 8mm 400 foot reels he needed and I offered but he declined , he says because of " shipping " costs .
I would have even GIVEN the reels to him - because I have so many !!!

Thanks for the eBay handle .

Good Luck with your re-sale .

[ January 09, 2019, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: David Baker ]

--------------------
Dave

Rob Koeling
Master Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2019 02:41 AM      Profile for Rob Koeling   Email Rob Koeling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well Brian, newsflash: shit happens to people.
As long as they handle with that as nicely as Mark does, I don't think there is much to complain about. Yes, you are inconvenienced, but I think Mark is doing as much as he possibly can to make sure you are not left out-of-pocket. I hope for you Brian, that people will be a bit more understanding if you get in a tricky spot.In the mean time let me know your Ebay handle and I know which one to avoid.

And David, your post takes the biscuit. You are holding against Mark that he is nice enough to offer to make up for a someone else screwing up? What on earth is the matter with you people?

- Rob

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted January 08, 2019 05:05 AM      Profile for Mark Todd   Email Mark Todd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Brian I have genuinely decided to give up 16mm features.

As much for family reasons as much as anything ( much longer story ), but also including my health as I don`t want stacks of stuff sat here.

Plus my washer has just gone pop, mainly as I do about 3 washes a day !!!

The Miele one I would like as it does extra water and they last longer is about £579 so expect to see more bits for sale.

I offered to send $10 gift as a sorry and to cover bits too.

It was a great buy, in fact you could maybe do better offering it on here.

So again here my apologies etc.

Best wishes Brian and David and thanks Rob and Stuart, Mark.

Stuart Hilliker
Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2019 05:05 AM      Profile for Stuart Hilliker   Email Stuart Hilliker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just for the record, I have had a number of dealings with Mark over the last few months. Every transaction has been faultless and he has been an absolute gentleman.

David Baker
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 08, 2019 05:44 AM      Profile for David Baker   Email David Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've never had any dealings with Mark before .
I was just trying to help him out ( by giving him reels ) and wasn't putting him down for trying to help Evan , just surprised he did this to Brian and how it looks in the film collecting world .

[ January 09, 2019, 11:58 AM: Message edited by: David Baker ]

--------------------
Dave

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted January 08, 2019 05:59 AM      Profile for Mark Todd   Email Mark Todd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi apologies to anyone who feels I plead poverty, I didn`t mean to as such. I`m possibly also too open with things etc. Sorry.

I do also give things away etc too sometimes.

But I don`t have a lot of cash and an ex. The highs and lows if you will are generally do with the help I give, and do try to willingly there.

I`m the first to admit I should just get out of cine and just do LCD, in fact I well may do now.

Cine is just so daftly compulsive and nice etc.

Its an interesting focus and gives me an odd little lift.

I`ve also not found anything that gives me as nice a feeling etc as a film on the way in the post.

I know, I know, very silly etc.

This may well help give me the shove I need.

Best wishes Mark.

PS Just to mention if Brian had got back to me and asked/said, no could I please complete the sale I would of done.

I did`nt hear back but it looks as if the sale has been cancelled on ebay. ( Thank You ).

Also I had no idea it was Brian or a forum membner as they didn`t use thier name.

I had bought from the seller before, I`d forgottten but didn`t actually see thier name then, though it was maybe on the package etc.

Our pre sale contatcts. Reading from the bottom up if you will.

you can trust me otherwise ill make good

Your previous message

Hi just asking as there is a stock really looks like Mylar but is acetate.

It often catches people out.

In fact three films I`ve bought from the states from dififerent sellers were thought of as polyester/mylar but were acetate, one even with with VS sadly.

I think it was Terror by Night I bought from you, love that thanks.

You can`t beat a Rathbone.

Many thanks Mark.

werewolfstomb:

What kind of question is that? I stand by my items and you've bought from me before, you were happy

Your previous message

Hi can I just ask if this is definately Mylar please.

There is a stock that looks very like it but is`nt.

Long way here so just making sure.

Looks very nice.

Many Thanks Mark.

I do wish I had just paid now and sold it on once it got here and would of done if Brian had got back and asked me too.

But glad I,ve decided to move forward re reducing film too.

Anyway best wishes and apologies once again Brian and hope the print sells well and maybe for a little more too with luck.

Mark.

[ January 08, 2019, 09:58 AM: Message edited by: Mark Todd ]

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted January 09, 2019 03:48 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And thank you Mark for the help you have given to me from time to time over many years. I remember with gratitude the things you helped me with and also returning the gifts. We are a diminishing number of life time UK collectors that will actually jump to help others.

Take care of yourself Mark [Cool] and have a good 2019 all.

Mark Silvester
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 09, 2019 04:08 AM      Profile for Mark Silvester   Email Mark Silvester   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

I have not posted for a very long time on this forum - but just thought it would be nice to touch base with a lot of the old friends I have had over the years.

Mark Todd is a 100% genuine nice guy..I know he would not mind me telling you that he has had to overcome some health struggles over the years but he is a totally "stand-up" collector really genuine. He has been very kind and generous to myself over the years - given me a lot of free stuff as he has others - and the hobby has been a better place for his presence.

Anyway, best to you 8mm, 16mm collectores out there.

Mark Silvester
(formerly SilvoScreen)

--------------------
Mark Silvester

All times are Central  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2010 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC