8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » How to attach scope holder

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How to attach scope holder
Tom Dee
Film Handler

- posted March 01, 2019 09:06 PM      Profile for Tom Dee   Email Tom Dee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My friend in the UK has a ELF NT2 and was wondering how to attach the scope lens bracket to the projector. I know their are 2 screws just under the lens that holds the bracket... but my question is do you have to open the back of the projector and find something like long nose pliers to hold the nuts from falling below? or maybe remove the transformer to get better access? Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks

|  IP: Logged

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted March 02, 2019 01:37 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On my nt1 i removed the transformer.
its very simple to do.
Simply disconnect the leads ands its literally three screws. Just make sure your able to loosen all three before removal. I did have one break on a spare machine.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted March 23, 2019 12:39 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It will be much easier to move the transformer first.
I suggest a long box spanner is used to remove the two nuts, but before this is done, it would be very wise to place cloths all around below the nuts in case they do fall off.
If something sticky (and can be wiped off after) such as Vaseline is put in the box spanner opening it should keep the nuts in the box spanner so that they can be withdrawn, and later, when being reattached.
The whole job would have been much easier if Eiki/Elf had used tapped threaded holes which would have saved this delicate work.

--------------------
Maurice

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC