8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » 16mm Elmo CL

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 16mm Elmo CL
Greg Polutanovich
Junior

- posted April 07, 2019 11:46 PM      Profile for Greg Polutanovich   Email Greg Polutanovich   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello..on my 16mm Elmo cl the sound just went out..I tried working exciter bulbs from another that worked fine..But did not work on the one that the sound just went out on..The bulb would work for a couple seconds and just shut off..I tried replacing the fuses too..and still no sound..can anyone please help..thanks !!

|  IP: Logged

Nantawat Kittiwarakul
Master Film Handler

- posted April 08, 2019 03:48 AM      Profile for Nantawat Kittiwarakul   Email Nantawat Kittiwarakul   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did you mean the exciter bulb had literally blown out within seconds?

--------------------
Just a lone collector from a faraway land...

Lindsay Morris
Film Handler

- posted April 08, 2019 04:28 AM      Profile for Lindsay Morris   Email Lindsay Morris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greg,

The exciter bulbs in the 16CL often suffer from either corroded or dirty connections on the lamp base centre pin.
Also the cable that feeds the exciter current from the printed circuit board has quite tiny pins that also corrode over time.
Often that problem you describe is cured by unplugging and then plugging that small 2 pin connector a few times on the circuit board. The sliding action of the connectors cleans up any corrosion.
I had one that the exciter lamp was flickering and if you thumped the machine the lamp would often go out. That was caused by the dirty circuit board pins and the matching plug. Unplugging and re plugging a few times fixed that issue.

--------------------
Lindsay

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC