8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Sonorex 16/16

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sonorex 16/16
Steve Vincent
Junior

- posted April 11, 2019 10:17 AM      Profile for Steve Vincent   Email Steve Vincent   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been given the task to sell a Sonorex 16/16 and a Bauer P6 controller. See pic. I am not schooled on this type of equipment so I'm looking for some assistance. Do these items have much of a value and or are they sought after? If so how does a person sell these? The Sonorex is very heavy, too heavy to sell on ebay I assume. Any feedback would be appreciated. Steve  -

--------------------
Steve Vincent

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted April 11, 2019 10:56 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve
This is actually the Bauer P6 Studio model made in Germany. Quite a professional piece of kit in its days.
It is a conventional 16mm sound projector on one side, and an interlocked unit on its reverse side. The latter uses perforated magnetic tape 16mm wide. Hence the controller.
It would have been used to record a separate magnetic sound track to accompany a silent film.
However, the main part can project sound films which have an optical sound track.
As to selling, I suggest you take many photos and advertise on eBay. I am sure it will attract somebody. The weight should not be too much of a problem.
Have a look at my attachment, scroll down to the bottom to see the P6 Studio.

http://www.olafs-16mm-kino.de/bauer_p6.htm

--------------------
Maurice

Steve Vincent
Junior

- posted April 11, 2019 11:24 AM      Profile for Steve Vincent   Email Steve Vincent   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the reply. If I were to post on ebay, what price should I start with. Does the Bauer P6 studio remote help the value. Steve

--------------------
Steve Vincent

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted April 11, 2019 11:35 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve
The remote should be sold with the projector.
I cannot give any starting value as you cannot guarantee that it works.
It's best to sell as not working, for parts only. A Bauer user might buy just for parts.

--------------------
Maurice

Steve Vincent
Junior

- posted April 11, 2019 05:34 PM      Profile for Steve Vincent   Email Steve Vincent   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok. Thanks for the information.

--------------------
Steve Vincent

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC