8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » What ist the difference between Elmoscope 1 and 2 anamorphics?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What ist the difference between Elmoscope 1 and 2 anamorphics?
Jorg Stover
Film Handler

- posted May 05, 2019 06:34 PM      Profile for Jorg Stover   Email Jorg Stover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw on Internet two different Elmo anamorphic lenses: one longer version ("Elmoscope") that reminds from the size a little bit the 35mm Anamorphics and one very short version ("Elmoscope II").

Now I'm curious to know what is the difference between them.

Is the longer version for 16mm films and the Elmoscope II for Super 8? Or is it a question of focal distance of the base lens? I, for example, use the 20mm lens on my Elmo 16mm projector. Would be both Elmoscope versions good for this lens or does one create shadows in the corners?

Somebody may please help me to solve this mystery?

Thank you very much!

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted May 06, 2019 02:41 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jorg
It does seem from your question that Elmo made lenses which may not have been for an Elmo projector.
I bought an Elmo 16-CL and it came with an Elmo scope lens in its original box, code 1280, which states it's for the 16-CL series. It has a swinging bracket and screws directly into the projector.
If the lenses which you refer to still are in their cardboard boxes they might indicate which projectors they are suitable for.
As regards your 20mm lens It is quite possible that you might get vignetting.

--------------------
Maurice

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted May 07, 2019 01:58 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think the different is on the quality of lens. I don't know why Elmoscope 2 now is realy sought after by the photogoraphers. A second hand one can now reach $600.

Elmo scope lens code# 1280 (which is Elmoscope 1) was initially intended for 16mm projectors (CL, AL, XP or CX series). It can be screewed in front of 50mm standard lenses without vignetting. I am not sure for other lenses.

--------------------
Winbert

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC