8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Ekik 2000a zennon problem

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ekik 2000a zennon problem
Nigel Higgins
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 25, 2019 07:47 AM      Profile for Nigel Higgins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ive brought a eiki 2000a zenon 16mm projector and cant get the film to work properly im not sure what the part is called but it keeps turning and ripping the film .anyone got any ideaa .sorry a bit vauge but dont realy know much about them.

|  IP: Logged

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 25, 2019 09:43 AM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Nigel
Could it be the loop restorer just below the gate? If it is, this must be free to move in and out. So pull it towards yourself, with machine off, and lightly lubricate. With no film in the machine, and the motor on, this should not continually rotate.

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted May 25, 2019 10:23 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If it is indeed the loop restorer at fault it may not be in its correct stationery position. It should rest at around the 7.30 position. It can be adjusted by loosening the screw and turning it to the correct position. Re-tightening after adjustment. You may need to do this a few times as the final tightening of the screw may shift the former from the position where you set it.

Also, the auto-threading may not be quite correct and is leaving the lower film loop too close to the loop former. When running correctly the lower loop should be about 4-5mm away from the former.

In operation, the former when touched by a too small loop will turn 360 degrees to reform the lower loop. A toothed belt is inside the mech and the end of the former has teeth which engage with the belt momentarily.

As Simon says it may need some lubrication to assist its free motion. Give it a test by running the motor and gently touching the roller. It should quickly turn 360 degrees to return to its original position.

I attach a pic, it's not the xenon, but a similar mechanism. The loop former is the small white roller just above the volume control. Incidentally. the setting of the former in this photograph is incorrect. In the position shown the film will meet it too often when the loop is actually the correct size, hence its position should be 7.30 as stated above.

https://van-eck.net/img/itable/images/film_49_RM-1_1460637789813.JPG

--------------------
Maurice

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted May 25, 2019 01:57 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Nigel not sure if you can on the Xenon but on my NT0 I just took the reloop mechanism right out.

Its still ran OK etc, though not sure re yours.

Hope it sorts OK.

Best Mark.

Nigel Higgins
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 26, 2019 09:05 AM      Profile for Nigel Higgins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks all will give it a try.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC