8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Electrical problems with Bolex H16 EL

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Electrical problems with Bolex H16 EL
Edwin Barros
Junior

- posted June 13, 2019 08:35 AM      Profile for Edwin Barros   Email Edwin Barros   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everybody!

Some time ago I bought a used Bolex H16 EL. The battery (original Bolex 1.2 Ah) was practically "dead", but the seller assured me that with that camera he regularly used a common 12 V DC lead accumulator, and he immediately sent me one of these batteries ( Shimastu 12V-7.2Ah), its charger and various connection cables.

This battery supplies the same voltage as the original Bolex battery (12 V DC), but I immediately noticed two problems:

By connecting this battery to the camera, at least initially everything runs smoothly (and the various advancement speeds of the film are correct), but after a few minutes, the camera starts spinning at full speed, even if I've selected the single frame!

Furthermore, by keeping the camera connected to this battery, even with the camera not running,after some time the camera starts to heat up more and more, so much so that once, remained connected to this battery for about an hour, still remaining " turned off "(not in operation), the camera body had become very hot!

So, I ask you: what do these two problems depend on?

Do they depend on this lead battery, or is there a problem in the camera?

Needless to say, because of all this, I can't use my camera [Frown] ...

Look forward your answers, thanks.
Edwin B.

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted June 13, 2019 02:50 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Edwin
I am sorry that I cannot answer your question, but I am sure that Bolex International SA will be able to offer assistance with your problem. They may even have the correct battery.
https://www.bolex.ch/NEW/index.php

--------------------
Maurice

Edwin Barros
Junior

- posted June 14, 2019 12:45 PM      Profile for Edwin Barros   Email Edwin Barros   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Maurice,

yes, I know, but I would like to avoid having to buy the original batteries, too expensive for me, at most I could make a re-cell of my old original battery, it would cost me much less, (as long as the problem depends on the battery and not on other faults ..).

In fact, my question was for to understand if those two problems are caused by the battery I use ...

Anyway, thanks for the answer.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC