8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Looking for this piece

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Looking for this piece
Pierre Mdihi
Film Handler

- posted June 22, 2019 06:25 PM      Profile for Pierre Mdihi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm looking for this part for eiki Sl 2: i know it's available on van eck but it's half the price i paid for the projector so i'm looking for a more decent solution.

-

thank you

|  IP: Logged

Jonathan Wood
Junior

- posted June 24, 2019 02:32 PM      Profile for Jonathan Wood   Email Jonathan Wood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi
Have you tried Eiki ? I got in touch with them a few years back regarding the same gear and they put me in touch with a company in the UK. It was a proper service company not an individuall, I’m sorry I can’t remember their name though

Jon

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted June 24, 2019 03:02 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You could try Phil Sheard at Classic Home Cinema. He says he has massive stocks of Elf/Eiki spares.
http://www.classichomecinema.co.uk/

--------------------
Maurice

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted June 24, 2019 07:56 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jonathan - do you think that company was Projex in Plymouth? If so, they ceased operating several years ago and unfortunately no one seems to know what happened to their extensive stock of spares. They appear to have been the last official UK service agent.

I think the CHC spares may be largely parts for earlier Eikis, but no harm in trying, in case (e.g.) the NTs had the same part.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Jonathan Wood
Junior

- posted June 25, 2019 04:12 AM      Profile for Jonathan Wood   Email Jonathan Wood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Adrian , I’m pretty sure it was an AV company in Surrey , but I could be wrong . It wasn’t ‘that’ long ago , certainly less than 10 years. I was kind of surprised they had Eiki spares but it was the company that Eiki UK put me in contact with .
Best wishes,
Jon

Pierre Mdihi
Film Handler

- posted June 26, 2019 03:35 AM      Profile for Pierre Mdihi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks you all for your response. I will try to get in touch with them.

Jonathan Wood
Junior

- posted June 27, 2019 02:51 AM      Profile for Jonathan Wood   Email Jonathan Wood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi
I found the UK supplier of Eiki spare parts I used in 2010. They supplied the part featured in this thread . Not sure if they are still going but surprisingly they told me that the 16mm factory closed as late as the the early 2000’s , So there should still be plenty of spares .
AVM - Audio Visual Material Ltd.
AVM House, Hawley Lane
Farnborough, HAMPSHIRE
GU14 8EH
UK
Phone: +44 (0) 1252-510363
Fax: +44 (0) 1252-519874
Email: sales@avmltd.co.uk

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted June 27, 2019 01:55 PM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Click below for their Web-Site. Note new address and telephone number.
https://www.avmltd.co.uk/?did=1

--------------------
Maurice

Pierre Mdihi
Film Handler

- posted June 27, 2019 05:40 PM      Profile for Pierre Mdihi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have send a email to all of them. now i'm waiting for a response. Hope they have the piece.
Eiki have respond and told me they don't have old piece now and advise me to look on ebay (very helpful).

For the persons you can understand french their is this site:

http://cinesub71.fr/index.html

you can find very good review and advise to repare projector. He also propose to sell spare part.

Jose Artiles
Master Film Handler

- posted June 29, 2019 07:36 AM      Profile for Jose Artiles   Email Jose Artiles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

[ June 29, 2019, 07:09 PM: Message edited by: Jose Artiles ]

--------------------
As Steven Spielberg says....
Nothing beats old school projection. Digital is just an imitation.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC