8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Bauer P8 "Professional" model differences

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bauer P8 "Professional" model differences
Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted September 22, 2019 08:21 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I own a couple of Bauer P8 projectors and it's interesting to see certain differences between them, relating to the lens holders, etc. Bauer seemed to like making tweaks during the life of a particular model, in addition to the ones that are (e.g.) optical sound and 24 fps only.

But I've never understood the difference between the standard model and the ones that include the word "Professional" on the casing, so I wondered if anyone could enlighten me with regard to the differences? I've seen a Professional with an extra switch below the control knob, which I'm guessing is an on/off switch, although I'm not certain whether that's unique to the Professional. I've seen a Professional on Ebay that has recording facilities, but that isn't the key difference as most don't offer this.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted September 22, 2019 10:03 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've got a P8L Universal Professional and yes, there is an ON/OFF switch below the main control knob. It also came with a side cover which has two loud speakers in it.
You can see these latter on the Bauer site below.
http://www.olafs-16mm-kino.de/bauer_p8.htm

--------------------
Maurice

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC