8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » 16mm Ampro 30

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 16mm Ampro 30
Gretchen Hopley
Junior

- posted October 01, 2019 01:54 PM      Profile for Gretchen Hopley   Email Gretchen Hopley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all, I am needing to know how to change a drive belt in a 16mm Ampro 30 projector. I’ve read the service manual but cannot seem to understand the directions. Any insights would be appreciated.

|  IP: Logged

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 03, 2019 01:26 PM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Remove the side lamphouse cover so you can see the shutter and top belt pulley.
Remove the little cover plate with the vents. The round item you see is the governor. This must be removed.
Through the small access hole on the front of the projector, (it may be covered with a chrome piece) use a long, thin screwdriver to loosen the two screws that hold the governor to the shaft. Just loosen them, don't remove them. (These may be rather tight). You will need to turn the governor by hand to see both screws.
Carefully remove the governor from the shaft. There will be several spring loaded brushes behind the governor, do not loose them.
Working from the top, loop the belt over the shuttle pulley and down towards the motor shaft that the governor was attached to.
Use a suitable screwdriver to move the torsion arm and pulley towards the front of the projector.
While holding the torsion arm pulley out of the way with one hand, use the other to place the belt on the motor shaft/pulley. This can be easiest done from the panel hole where the governor was. (It may be easier to have another person hold the screwdriver on the torsion pulley while you work the belt.
Release the torsion pulley so it presses against the belt and confirm the belt is on straight.
Reverse process to assemble, making sure the brushes and springs are properly in place.

[ October 04, 2019, 10:19 AM: Message edited by: Barry Fritz ]

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 06, 2019 02:15 PM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anything to update?

Gretchen Hopley
Junior

- posted October 07, 2019 08:17 PM      Profile for Gretchen Hopley   Email Gretchen Hopley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am going to attempt, this week, but I will try to up load picture so you can see what I am seeing, I took the cover off and vent cover, I see the governor, looks complicated but will read your instructions first several times over. Will let you know. Thank you !

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 08, 2019 03:00 PM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK, good luck. The governor is just a flat disk. The most difficult part may be loosening the screws that hold it on the shaft. Make sure your screwdriver fits the slot well. I will watch the forum so I can answer any questions quickly. I assume you have the correct, flat belt.

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 10, 2019 10:38 AM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gretchen, did you have any luck with the belt ?

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC