8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm Forum   » Eiki SNT-0 Projector

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eiki SNT-0 Projector
Tom Dee
Film Handler

- posted October 17, 2019 05:13 PM      Profile for Tom Dee   Email Tom Dee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a friend who lives in the UK and was wondering if my spare SNT-0 would work across there. I know their are models that have the dual voltage switch, but where would I look to find that switch on my machine...if in fact it has one.

Thanks

|  IP: Logged

Nantawat Kittiwarakul
Master Film Handler

- posted October 17, 2019 09:59 PM      Profile for Nantawat Kittiwarakul   Email Nantawat Kittiwarakul   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If it is actually the multi-voltage model, the definite way to verify that is to open the rear cover and have a look at its main transformer.
If there are multiple taps for input (100,110,120,200,220,240 v, sort of) then you're good to go. [Smile] That will be only a matter of changing the mains input tab to the proper ones.

The more concerning is the mains frequency. USA's mains is 60Hz, while UK's mains is 50Hz. If there's no proper motor pulley for the rated frequency, the projector will be waaaaaay to slow (around 20 fps) there. [Frown]

--------------------
Just a lone collector from a faraway land...

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted October 18, 2019 02:41 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can change frequency by swopping drive belts. See page 25 on the Owner's Instruction Manual available on the Manuals section of this Forum.
http://www.film-tech.com/warehouse/index.php?category=2#16mm Projectors

--------------------
Maurice

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC