8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Looking For R-1 Young Frankenstein

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Looking For R-1 Young Frankenstein
Dan Lail
Film God

- posted October 20, 2005 06:54 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm looking for reel one of Young Frankentein. [Cool]

|  IP: Logged

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted October 21, 2005 07:26 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How weird is that. I have reel 2, and am looking for reels 1 and 3 myself. [Eek!]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted October 21, 2005 10:24 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jan, does your reel 2 have the joke about "what big knockers"? [Eek!] That is specifically the part I'm looking for. [Cool]

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted October 22, 2005 12:29 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know, I've only run the first few minutes of my reel - but I'll be happy to view the whole thing and get back to you on that.

And if I haven't within a couple days, kindly send me a reminder [Big Grin]

--------------------

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted October 22, 2005 06:57 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That would be fantastic Jan. [Smile] If it's on there and you're willing to sell the second reel, let me know. [Smile]

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted October 23, 2005 02:57 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is interesting!! Is this film in full feature format on 8mm? It is one of my favourite comedys, i know there is a 400footer that pops up but very rarely and not usually with an English sound track.

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted October 23, 2005 03:23 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's the Piccolo-Film release which is very well edited and has a great picture. But yes, the full feature is so much better. [Smile]

Dan, I've watched my reel... and sadly no mention of "those big knockers" anywhere that I've noticed. The reel starts with Frankenstein & Igor hauling a casket down the road and being stopped by some police officer, then the next scene has them admiring the monster and Frankenstein commenting "Now all he needs is an equally magnificent brain... Igor, you know what to do, right?" - "I have a pretty good idea, master, m-hm!"

Then the monster's animation... apparent failure... "You haven't even touched your dinner." *splosh* "There! I've touched it! ... Happy?" The monster's awakening... Igor's revelation that the brain, in fact, belonged not to Hans Delbruck but to some Abby Normal... the darts-by-the-fireplace scene... monster escaping thanks to Frau Bluecher (*whinnying*), throwing the little girl right through the window into bed, and meeting the blind beggar (terrific scene, you can barely recognize Gene Hackman)... And one more brief scene after the "Wait!... I wanted to make an espresso!" bit - monster is recaptured with a net, then the reel ends.

But no big knockers, unless Teri Garr has something to do with these. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted October 23, 2005 07:39 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dang! No knockers hey! [Eek!] Well thanks for checking Jan. Do you want to sell your reel? I would still be interested in purchasing it. [Cool]

Tom, my feature is on 16mm. I don't know if the full feature is on super 8. All the Wilder's are big hits at my movie showings. On 16mm I also have "The Woman In Red", "Sherlock Holmes Smarter Brother" and "The World's Greatest Lover". [Smile]

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted October 23, 2005 09:36 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Woman In Red is out on super-8 optical... thought I'd mention it and save Osi Osgood the trouble. [Big Grin]

Dan, you want to buy my reel? Why? Doesn't that give you two copies of the second reel? What's the point [Confused] Ohwell, I'm actually hoping to pick up the missing reels myself someday, so I wanna hang on to it if it's all the same to you. [Smile]

--------------------

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted October 23, 2005 11:27 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jan, my second reel is half scandinavian subtitles. The dialogue is English though. Good luck finding R-1 & R-3. [Smile]

[ October 24, 2005, 10:48 PM: Message edited by: Dan Lail ]

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted October 24, 2005 10:15 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I see. [Cool] So, do you have reel 1 of the film? What do I have to do so YOU will sell THAT one to ME instead? [Big Grin]

--------------------

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted October 24, 2005 10:52 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jan, I have the whole feature minus the "big Knockers" joke. Sorry, I have to watch it several times over the next 10 years at least. [Big Grin]

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted October 25, 2005 08:20 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, NOW I get it... you do have the whole film and were just looking for this one scene... did someone cut it out from your print? [Frown] Could you actually describe the scene to me, as it's just been too long since I saw the whole feature?...

--------------------

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted October 25, 2005 09:22 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's the scene where Frankentein, Igor, and Inga(Teri Garr) are arriving at the castle for the first time. While Frankenstein is lifting Inga from the carriage, Igor approaches the huge doors and bangs the large door knocker. Frankenstein looks over his shoulder and says, "What big knockers". Inga says "thank you". Bota boom! [Eek!]

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted October 26, 2005 08:43 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOL. [Big Grin]

Now if only the full movie had ever been released on super-8. Sigh. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Chris Drumma
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 26, 2005 02:59 PM      Profile for Chris Drumma   Email Chris Drumma   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the full feature in 16mm. Jan that is why I gave you reel #1. Might be persuaded to sell or trade it. Paid $350 for it and it is in great shape.
Chris

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted October 26, 2005 06:25 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chris, did you give Jan reel #1 of Young Frankenstein or reel #2? Garsh, I'm confused, but that's par for the course. Anyway, I'll be glad to buy a R-1, R-2, or R-3 odds. [Smile]

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted October 26, 2005 08:59 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It would seem reasonable to assume that Chris committed a minor snafu and really meant reel #2. That is definitely the one I have. [Wink]

Chris, I take it you had two copies of reel #2 before you gave one to me, then?

--------------------

Chris Drumma
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2005 03:10 AM      Profile for Chris Drumma   Email Chris Drumma   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My bad it was reel two. Jan, I was in the deal making with the gentleman I bought it from when I gave you R2. I bought it from a guy who posts on this forum. Excellent quality print and a pleasure to do business with.
Chris

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC