8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Wanted: Keaton/Lloyd/early Disney shorts

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wanted: Keaton/Lloyd/early Disney shorts
Rob Koeling
Master Film Handler

- posted April 06, 2007 04:48 PM      Profile for Rob Koeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to do a silent/early cinema film show at my daughter's school in two weeks time. For the annual children's parade, The school has chosen 'early cinema' as their theme. To get the children in the right mood, I thought it would be a nice idea to show a selection of silent/early sound shorts. The whole school will be there for the show (about 300 kids) and we will do the show in the assembly hall. The hall has good curtains, so will be fairly dark. The music teacher will accompany the silent films on piano.

I've got a few films lined up a the moment, but could do with a few additions. Does anyone have any Buster Keaton, Harold LLoyd or Fatty Arbuckle shorts for sale on either S8 or 16mm? Prints can be either silent or sound. An early Disney cartoon or something like Fleischer's 'Koko the Clown' would be welcome too. Please let me know if you have anything you think is suitable (if from the UK, I would be willing to borrow as well).

Cheers,

- Rob

|  IP: Logged

Jean-Christophe Deblock
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 07, 2007 10:01 AM      Profile for Jean-Christophe Deblock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Rob.

You've got a PM.

Robert Pitman
Junior

- posted April 08, 2007 07:57 PM      Profile for Robert Pitman   Email Robert Pitman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rob,
I've got a 200ft Tom and Jerry in Tennis Chumps and a 400ft Blackhawk Little Rascals - Moan and Groan Inc.
Both on S8 and Silent.

You are welcome to borrow these for the show if required,
Rob

--------------------
Why do transformers hum?
Because they don't know the words.....

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC