8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » "Return of the Jedi" Scope 16mm on ebay

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "Return of the Jedi" Scope 16mm on ebay
Robert Babun
Junior

- posted September 18, 2010 11:56 PM      Profile for Robert Babun   Email Robert Babun   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This Agfa print has been listed on ebay.com for those who have not seen it yet:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Return-Jedi-SCOPE-/120623363023?pt=US_Film&hash=item1c15b673cf
A few "Star Wars" prints on 16mm are showing up lately.
However, do not forget that in late 2011 thay will be available to purchase on the blu-ray format.

|  IP: Logged

Pete Richards
Master Film Handler

- posted September 19, 2010 08:37 PM      Profile for Pete Richards   Email Pete Richards   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are they releasing the originals on Bluray, or only the special editions?

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted September 20, 2010 04:46 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I should imagine there will be a mega set with both or many versions etc and also at a mega price to begin with.

The usual dvds look amazing as it is so Blu Ray should be unbelievable via HD projector etc.

Thye have taken a good old while to get going with these though, maybe decided blu ray will last to 2012 so they can reflog them again later on the next format as well !!!!

Best Mark.

Steven Sigel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 28, 2010 07:04 PM      Profile for Steven Sigel   Email Steven Sigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From what I've read, they are only releasing the 2004(?) butchered reissue versions, not the original 70s/80s versions. UGH!

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 28, 2010 07:09 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Those screenshots looked rather dupey. Are all Star Wars scope prints look that dupey.

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted September 29, 2010 02:01 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess you have to blame the camera.
The ones I just sold looked really great.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Chris Batt
Film Handler

- posted September 29, 2010 06:23 PM      Profile for Chris Batt   Email Chris Batt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mr Lucas is in the process of releasing the Star Wars movies in 3D but to be honest I think he has made enough from all the runs and remakes, maybe he is running out of ideas or is obsessed !!! I won't be bothering to put on the glasses............

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 29, 2010 06:50 PM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would just love to see them 2D at the theater. Although I wish they would start with the original, episode 4.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC