8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Wanted: POWERS OF TEN ( & other Eames shorts)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wanted: POWERS OF TEN ( & other Eames shorts)
Den Brown
Master Film Handler

- posted December 26, 2010 09:04 AM      Profile for Den Brown   Email Den Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

POWERS OF 10 is an Charles Eames short on the subject of scale. It starts off on earth and pulls back to reveal the universe.

I am also interested in other Eames shorts:

POWERS OF TEN (1977)
TOCCATA FOR TOY TRAINS
A COMMUNICATIONS PRIMER (1953)
COMICS OF THE FIFTIES (1960)
DEAD OF THE FIFTIES (1960)
VIEW FROM THE PEOPLE WALL (1966)
ALPHA (1972)
KALEIDOSCOPE JAZZ CHAIR (1960)
SX-70 (1972)
PARADE (HERE THEY COME DOWN OUR STREET) (1952)
GOODS (1981)
DESIGN Q & A (1972)
SOMETHING ABOUT PHOTOGRAPHY (1976)
DE GAULLE SKETCH (1958)
ATLAS: A SKETCH OF THE RISE & FALL OF THE ROMAN EMPIRE (1976)
TOPS (1969)
THE EXPANDING AIRPORT (1958)
IBM MATHEMATICA PEEP SHOWS (1961)
GLIMPSES OF THE USA (19590
A COMPUTER GLOSSARY (OR COMING TO TERMS WITH THE DATA PROCESSING MACHINE)
FIBREGLASS CHAIRS: SOMETHING OF HOW THEY GET THE WAY THEY ARE (1970)

Thanks.

[ December 28, 2010, 04:51 AM: Message edited by: Den Brown ]

|  IP: Logged

Den Brown
Master Film Handler

- posted December 28, 2010 04:51 AM      Profile for Den Brown   Email Den Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

Rob Koeling
Master Film Handler

- posted December 28, 2010 05:22 AM      Profile for Rob Koeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That sounds like great stuff! How common are these films in 16mm?
I would be very interested in these as well, especially the IBM ones and those about science.

- Rob

David Erskine
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 28, 2010 05:19 PM      Profile for David Erskine   Email David Erskine   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've got 'A Computer Glossary' [400 ft] - mounted (you should pardon the expression!) on a nice red reel with Britannica etc on it (and only rewinds back on to itself). I bought it 'cos I'm a retired computer wallah and it is one of several data processing documentaries I have. I guess I'd sell it if the offer was right. You know - make me an offer (excluding p&p) and I'll either say yes or laugh!!
Cheers, David E

--------------------
I've NEVER let failure go to MY head!

Den Brown
Master Film Handler

- posted December 28, 2010 08:28 PM      Profile for Den Brown   Email Den Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks.

Gordon Hunter
Film Handler

- posted February 14, 2011 11:16 AM      Profile for Gordon Hunter   Email Gordon Hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Den,
I have been searching for a copy of "Powers of Ten" for some years now. Seems to be quite rare. I believe my first posting to the Forum was concerning availability of this particular title.

Gordon

Joseph Morrison
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 14, 2011 12:24 PM      Profile for Joseph Morrison   Email Joseph Morrison   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I've always been on the lookout for POWERS. A super amazing film. A fair number from Den's list were issued for the educational market. I've had a few copies of TOCATTA pass through my hands, and it would be my second favorite Eames film. Stunning cinematography. I've also got copies of TOPS, PARADE, ATLAS, and COMPUTER GLOSSARY. I'd really love to add the SX-70 film...I saw that screened behind the scenes at the George Eastman House....

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC