8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Pre-amping an Eiki

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pre-amping an Eiki
Nick Field
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 28, 2011 02:08 AM      Profile for Nick Field   Email Nick Field   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guy's, just wondering if any body has attempted to make a pr-amp output on an Elf RT1? I don,t really want to buy another projector just to have this option.This will be going into a band type mixer eq'ed then amped up to some bose 802's.

|  IP: Logged

Nick Field
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 28, 2011 02:42 PM      Profile for Nick Field   Email Nick Field   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry can somebody please move this to the 16mm forum thanks. Ooops. [Eek!] [Roll Eyes]

Jeff Taylor
Film Handler

- posted August 02, 2011 05:17 PM      Profile for Jeff Taylor   Email Jeff Taylor   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Of course the SSL's come with a preamp output from the factory. On yours you'd have to do a bit of modification. I suspect you could pull a line level signal off the volume control lugs.

--------------------
Jeff

Nick Field
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 03, 2011 03:58 PM      Profile for Nick Field   Email Nick Field   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I could convert the mike input into the output source from the line level signal from the volume control, I'm just wondering about earthing issues hum etc.

Nick Field
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 01, 2011 03:10 AM      Profile for Nick Field   Email Nick Field   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry again for this being in the wrong area, thought i'd give you an up date if any of you decide to do this mod. I removed the amp unit from the projector, very easy to do mind you, a few knobs and screws and an electical plug along with the main output transformer and out it come all complete which only took a few minutes. All I needed to do is to remove the two soldered wires from the mic input which is fed from the sound head and joined these straight to the sound board so now the sound head is now connected to the mic input as well as the soundboard thus converting the mic input to a sound output straight from the sound head. So connection can now be achieved by using a mic input channel on my mixer with not bad results,now I can achive a more fuller sound now without relying on the very limited tones of the eiki speaker. [Smile]

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted November 05, 2011 08:46 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good job, Nick. Eiki got that issue fixed on some of their later models. The NT series, for instance, had the sound head connected to the amp via an RCA plug and socket. This was much easier to run the sound through a more sophisticated amp system and the projector was left intact.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC