8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » WANTED 16mm FEATURES

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WANTED 16mm FEATURES
Adam Deierling
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 27, 2013 09:14 AM      Profile for Adam Deierling   Email Adam Deierling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looking for some features for a friend. Condition must be very good. Email me with description and price. Thanks!

PRINCESS BRIDE
LIFE OF BRIAN
DON'T LOOK BACK (1967)
HIGH FIDELITY
JIMI (a film about Jimi Hendrix,1973)
THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT
THE NOTEBOOK
THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME
SWEET TORONTO (not the edited KEEP ON ROCKIN')
TOMBSTONE (1993)

SCOPE or Adapted SCOPE Prints I would like to have for myself..
Dante's Peak - 1997
Volcano - 1997
Twister - 1996
Stargate - 1994
Spider-man - 2002
Dawn of the Dead - 1978

onedelorean@yahoo.com

[ August 22, 2013, 11:09 AM: Message edited by: Adam Deierling ]

|  IP: Logged

Manuel Pace
Film Handler

- posted July 30, 2013 02:10 PM      Profile for Manuel Pace   Author's Homepage   Email Manuel Pace   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Adam,
Are you a film maker too ?
Looking at your photo along with that camcorder or super 8 camera ?
At the moment I am seeking a Canon XL H1, this is an HD camcorder to trade with 16mm films, if interested ?
May be I knocked at the wrong door !!!
Thanks
Manuel

Adam Deierling
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 30, 2013 03:26 PM      Profile for Adam Deierling   Email Adam Deierling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Manuel,

I have used my XHA1 for many years. Never used the XLH1 but it is basically the big brother to mine. I shot mostly weddings now with an occasional short film when I have the time. You can check out my website at www.SaturnEStudios.com.

What films do you have to sell/trade?

Adam

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted July 31, 2013 10:33 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As you can imagine, many of those titles will be extremely difficult to find, although I do have good low fade (not for sale) prints of THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT and THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME, so it's not impossible to find these. The former is a US TV print so has some 'beeping' in relation to language! I'd love a print of JIMI myself so would be interested to hear of any evidence of any being in circulation.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Joe McAllister
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 11, 2013 11:16 AM      Profile for Joe McAllister   Email Joe McAllister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Adam

I don't think you will find any prints of either version of "Sweet Toronto" let alone the long version with all the acts and the Plastic Ono Band material at the end if that's what interests you.
I saw the original version at a festival screening when it was first made and it included complete sets from all the Rock and Rollers before the Plastic Ono Band concluded the show. A couple of months later after John Lennon had his material withdrawn it was re titled "Keep on Rocking" and some clips of Jimi Hendrix and Janis Joplin, who didn't appear at the Toronto festival but had died before the film was released, had been added. Strangely imdb list this version which was released in the UK as a feature as a short.
"Sweet Toronto" was then released in a shortened version to home video in 1988 with just some clips of the Rock and Roll acts before Lennon appears but I don't think any film prints were struck and I don't believe the original cut is available in any format either.

--------------------
Always interested in privately produced amateur and home movies.

Adam Deierling
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 16, 2013 03:17 PM      Profile for Adam Deierling   Email Adam Deierling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Found and acquired a beautiful print of "The Mummy" from a forum member. Thanks for all your help! I love it!

Adam Deierling
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 22, 2013 11:07 AM      Profile for Adam Deierling   Email Adam Deierling   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
List Updated!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC