8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Wanted: First 16mm feature prints

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wanted: First 16mm feature prints
Mike Felling
Film Handler

- posted May 11, 2014 03:53 PM      Profile for Mike Felling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its that time for me. I own several 16mm episodes of great shows, but no features.

I am looking for a good print of American Graffiti with English sound. Scope or flat preferred, but Id be very happy with anything. I would even pay international shipping if the price on the film was right.

My other 2 feature's I am looking for are John Carpenter's Halloween, or Friday the 13th Part 1 or 2. (Preferably 2, its my favorite I don't know why.) I would prefer the full feature of these, but I would be interested in a TV cut if those aren't available.

Please PM me should any of these become available.

Thank you everyone for keeping the hobby alive!

-Mike

|  IP: Logged

David Coppola
Film Handler

- posted May 12, 2014 06:36 AM      Profile for David Coppola     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Back in the 90s, I had scope prints of both American Graffiti and Halloween. Both in good condition and good color.
When I got out of the film hobby, I sold both of them...sooo, prints ARE out there.

Mike Felling
Film Handler

- posted May 12, 2014 12:10 PM      Profile for Mike Felling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi David,

Thanks for that info, I hadn't seen any information for Halloween, so its good to know prints are out there.

As for American Graffiti, I saw a print was sold on eBay last year. Looks like I was a little to late for that one. I have contacted someone that posted one for sale, but that was in 2008. As I have not had a return PM from him, I highly doubt its still available.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC