8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Goldfinger IB Tech Print

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Goldfinger IB Tech Print
Robert Tucker
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 11, 2015 08:58 PM      Profile for Robert Tucker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have just acquired another print of Goldfinger which is stunning in quality never been run and is in excellent mint condition, even more so then my Super 8 print i sold last year.

Will be listing this along with some other choice titles sometime this year so keep em peeled.

|  IP: Logged

Simon McConway
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 12, 2015 05:30 AM      Profile for Simon McConway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Within the next 100 years, my GS will be up for sale. Keep an eye out!

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 12, 2015 07:32 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Only wish I would still be around to see that happen Simon. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Robert Tucker
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 12, 2015 04:37 PM      Profile for Robert Tucker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hopefully your GS will still be working in a 100 years [Eek!]

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 12, 2015 06:44 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Well Simon already has a Fumeo, just in case Robert! [Wink] [Big Grin]

--------------------

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 13, 2015 04:03 AM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have 3 stunning prints of bond films all on 16mm
goldfinger
dr no
on her majestys secret service
might be showing goldfinger on Friday night at my film fair in November and this will be free entry to watch

Nigel Higgins
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 13, 2015 01:06 PM      Profile for Nigel Higgins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i hope you can show it david ,i will try and get there on the friday for it.

Ron Douglas
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 14, 2015 01:41 PM      Profile for Ron Douglas   Email Ron Douglas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That sounds wonderful David, look forward to seeing that.
Incidentally, I was thinking of screening a few prints and charging a small fee which would go to charity. Do you have to pay royalties for your screenings at Blackpool? I would assume public screenings attract a charge of some sort. If you happen to know, your help would be much appreciated.

--------------------
Ron

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 14, 2015 06:13 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Hope you pull it off Ron!

--------------------

Ron Douglas
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 15, 2015 10:18 AM      Profile for Ron Douglas   Email Ron Douglas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Andrew, I suspect that small public screenings open a bigger can of worms than most of us care to deal with, but I'm curious to pursue permission from the respective copyright holders, or at least ask if they will consider my application...perhaps tickets at £80 each to cover copyright fees might be tricky to sell, no matter what the cause!

--------------------
Ron

Robert Tucker
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 16, 2015 05:49 PM      Profile for Robert Tucker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Ron,

Being directly involved in organizing public screenings before with The Picture House company at there headquarters in Soho in London. Where we struck a deal for once a month shows. Normally copyright is generally not a problem depending on film distributor/company. It's just a question of tracking down and finding out who actually owns the actual rights today. Normally a independent cinema franchise can help you with this. The main problem you will find is actually getting a sponsor so that you can at least break even or make a small profit from your takings.

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 16, 2015 06:31 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was under the impression that if film show was free and was by invitation only private show there is no royalties to be paid

Ron Douglas
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 17, 2015 12:18 AM      Profile for Ron Douglas   Email Ron Douglas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Robert.
I've been in touch with Eon in the UK. I understand the copyright is held by Danjaq LLC in the US, along with MGM.
I'll definitely let you know how it goes.
David, interesting point you raise about the film show being private and you not charging. We are charging, though all monies are going to the local hospital trust for a particular cause.

--------------------
Ron

David C. Lucidi
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 17, 2015 08:08 AM      Profile for David C. Lucidi   Email David C. Lucidi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Robert, since you are from the UK, I am curious....does your Goldfinger have the correct "003" ending on the bomb countdown (in the Ft. Knox scene), or the US changed "007" version?

I too have an IB Tech print, printed December 1964 (according to the leaders), and it is the correct "003" ending.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC