8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » WTB March of the Wooden Soldiers and Gullivers Travels

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WTB March of the Wooden Soldiers and Gullivers Travels
Mark Kligerman
Film Handler

- posted September 12, 2015 03:49 PM      Profile for Mark Kligerman   Email Mark Kligerman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm looking for prints of both films.

|  IP: Logged

David Guest
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 14, 2015 12:53 PM      Profile for David Guest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what gauge 8mm or 16mm
I have a very long trailer in colur of gullivers on 16mm

Mark Kligerman
Film Handler

- posted September 14, 2015 05:33 PM      Profile for Mark Kligerman   Email Mark Kligerman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi David,

I'm looking for 16mm feature length.

Best,
Mark

Joseph Randall
Master Film Handler

- posted September 15, 2015 04:57 PM      Profile for Joseph Randall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark,

Do you know all the rules of thumb for getting a good MARCH?

regards

Mark Kligerman
Film Handler

- posted September 15, 2015 06:55 PM      Profile for Mark Kligerman   Email Mark Kligerman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Joseph,

I do not, and would love to know.

best,
mark

Joseph Randall
Master Film Handler

- posted September 15, 2015 07:16 PM      Profile for Joseph Randall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK.

You want to make sure you get a print that has the following:
- full storybook opening
- all the bogeymen footage
- cave scene -- "Go to Sleep, Slumber Deep"

Some sellers will say they have the storybook opening, but there can be some confusion here. There's the part where Mother Goose opens up the storybook, and there are versions that start with the storybook already open. You want to make sure you get the former, which includes the verse to the song "Toyland."

Erko prints usually have the edited bogeyman footage, but they have the full storybook opening and the cave scene. What most people wind up doing is buying 2 prints -- an Erko and a Federal Films version. The latter has the unedited bogeyman footage, but is sometimes missing the other scenes. Then you have to do your own splicing -- that's exactly how I assembled my print.

Some sources say that Erko at one time issued a complete print. I have also heard that a print made from the 1968 Prime Tv negative would look great, albeit incomplete.

And of course, make sure you get originals.

Mark Kligerman
Film Handler

- posted September 15, 2015 08:18 PM      Profile for Mark Kligerman   Email Mark Kligerman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Joseph. This is incredibly helpful.

Best,
Mark

Joseph Randall
Master Film Handler

- posted September 15, 2015 09:39 PM      Profile for Joseph Randall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're welcome!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC