8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » 16mm at Annual CATHS Cine / Movie Fair & Auction

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 16mm at Annual CATHS Cine / Movie Fair & Auction
Rodney Bourke
Film Handler

- posted May 08, 2017 11:33 PM      Profile for Rodney Bourke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last year there was plenty of 16mm films on offer
and I am sure this year will be the same.

Sunday 21st MAY 2017 Fair at 9.30am, Auction 10.30am
Annual CINE/MOVIE COLLECTABLES FAIR & AUCTION
( Cinema And Theatre Historical Society and Reel Deals Magazine )
Scout Hall Bellairs Street, Seddon, Melbourne, VIC.
Opposite: Seddon Train Station , (on Williamstown & Werribee lines)
For more details www.reeldeals.com.au or www.caths.org.au
You don't Have to be a member of CATHS to attend. ALL WELCOME !

|  IP: Logged

David Donaldson
Junior

- posted May 09, 2017 01:00 AM      Profile for David Donaldson   Author's Homepage   Email David Donaldson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rodney is an indefatigable promoter in eastern Australia of the unusual and the interesting in (as they used to say) Sub-Standard Film. 8mm lives! [Cool]

--------------------
filmart-dd

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted May 15, 2017 04:14 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have known him since 1996!! when I was still in Melbourne....geeez...that was 21 years ago!!!

I was a student at that time and found his publication "Super 8 Alive" printed on photocopy papers and the cover was his own drawing.

From his magazine that I knew Mike Tricket (Reel Deals), Mal MacDonald (Reel Memories)..both has their own publications too. I still keep those magazines. I bought many films from well known Aussie collectors back then such as Robert Nailon, Beringa Films, etc

Attending some film fairs which I bought many films such as Leichhardt Foto Fair, Waratah Film Fair, etc

Australia has a big film community but has less represtatives in this forum, I don't know why.

--------------------
Winbert

Rodney Bourke
Film Handler

- posted May 31, 2017 01:02 AM      Profile for Rodney Bourke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Winbert

yes, it seems only a short time ago we met, yes the 1990's
was a time when Movie Film Events were starting.
Melbourne had the Photographic Market at St Kilda Town Hall, then Camberwell Town Hall and now Box Hill Town Hall. They were the First Australian Still/Movie Collector Photographic Club to Form. And still the Biggest.See
http://www.apcsociety.com.au/market.html

Around the same time Barrie Paterson started the Film Fairs at Railway Institute Sydney, and then later added Foto and Film Fair, when he did this they really took off, but unfortunately The Railway Institute was later Demolished and he had to find a new Venue.
His new location kept putting the prices up, and he stopped.
But his Foto people got together to Form the Sydney Camera Market at Ultimo Community Centre, Sydney and around 20 years later there still there with 3 a year. see
https://www.facebook.com/SydneyCameraMarket/

Yes almost 25 years Reel Deals magazine for Film Collectors is still going by Mike Trickett see
http://www.reeldeals.com.au/

All the Best in Film
Rodney

Rodney Bourke
Film Handler

- posted May 04, 2018 08:12 AM      Profile for Rodney Bourke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well its all Happening

THIS SUNDAY 6th May 2018 at 9.30am
Auction approx. 11am
Annual CINE / MOVIE COLLECTABLES FAIR & AUCTION

Scout Hall Bellairs Street, Seddon, Melbourne, VIC. Opposite: Seddon Train Station (on Williamstown & Werribee lines) For more details www.reeldeals.com.au or www.caths.org.au
You don't Have to be a member of CATHS to attend. ALL WELCOME !

Rodney Bourke
Film Handler

- posted May 13, 2019 01:52 AM      Profile for Rodney Bourke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes it's on again This Weekend 2 great Events

The Melbourne Movie Market, Astor Cinema this Sat from 12 Noon till 4pm

and

Caths Cine / Movie Fair and Auction this Sunday, from 9.30am same place, same times as before in this ad.

Rodney Bourke
Film Handler

- posted May 26, 2019 06:19 PM      Profile for Rodney Bourke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This years Event was well supported, with lots of film items on offer, I saw 3 Pathe Gem 9.5mm Projectors sold, and plenty of 16mm Films sold with a little bit of 8mm and 9.5mm. One happy Buyer told me he bought 007 Goldfinger in Super 8 only $250.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC