8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Wanted: 80s Horror

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wanted: 80s Horror
Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 31, 2017 11:13 PM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all,

What drew me most to this hobby is the chance to own some 80s Horror films. I’ve been collecting, but still no 80s Horror! Can anyone help me out :icon_smile:

I made a list of some wants, but if you have something else please don’t hesitate to pm me! I’d even be interested in odd reels. Thank you!

Fright Night (flat or scope)
An American Werewolf in London
John Carpenter’s The Thing
Child’s Play
Lost Boys
Nightmare on Elm Street (maybe sequels too!)

[ November 01, 2017, 10:08 AM: Message edited by: Evan Samaras ]

--------------------
...When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth...

|  IP: Logged

Can Sanalan
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 02, 2017 04:14 AM      Profile for Can Sanalan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Join the club!
I've been after some of those titles for months.
Collectors really cling on to them.

Did see Friday the 13th part 2 on eBay last week. Went for around £340+.
The guy wasn't posting to the U.K. and it was also censored tv print which I wasn't interested in. Though the colour looked really good.

Good luck in your hunt! [Smile]

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2017 03:14 PM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Evan & Can

Not sure if you saw this one on Ebay UK but it certainly fits the 1980's horror bill - Cujo (1983):

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CUJO-1983-CLASSIC-STEPHEN-KING-HORROR-THRILLER-VERY-RARE-FULL-16MM-COLOR-FEATURE-/263350407440?

The edge stock in the scans says Eastman LPP so good for colour but the seller mentions it has subtitles as well which may reflect on the lowish price.

Kevin

Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 28, 2017 10:04 PM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Kevin! Thanks for the heads up! I reached out to the seller as no shipping to USA at the moment.

--------------------
...When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth...

Can Sanalan
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 16, 2017 06:18 AM      Profile for Can Sanalan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Kevin,
Yes I saw that Cujo on eBay and in the end I purchased the film.

The colour is quite nice yet there's quite a few green specks and a line that runs for about 10-15mins at the beginning.
Sound is good.

Now I don't mind subtitles, I'd prefer not to have them but if there is I'd at least prefer them to be in English.
The subtitles however on this print is in Norwegian. Which is a shame but perhaps it'll help me practice my Norwegian [Wink]
After the opening credits I think it mentioned the original film owner's name.
Back in the day was there a service where you could request to add subtitles to features you purchased?

Shame the seller couldn't check to see what language the subs were in even though he mentioned there was.

Also apparently the previous owner used Filmguard and theres quite a few residue marks. Must of used to much.
I'm going through it slowly and wiping off as much as I can.

Anyway I'm happy with it and to have it in my collection for now.

Cheers,
C.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC