8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Zippy the Chimp wanted

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Zippy the Chimp wanted
Bob Furmanek
Film Handler

- posted February 01, 2018 11:43 AM      Profile for Bob Furmanek   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Furmanek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to the 1959 Castle catalog, these two gems with the beloved Zippy the Chimp were available in a deluxe 16mm Complete 400 foot color/sound edition. Would they have been Kodachrome or Eastman color?

Either way, if you have one to sell, I'm interested!

-

--------------------
Bob Furmanek
www.3dFilmArchive.com

|  IP: Logged

Clinton Hunt
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 01, 2018 07:36 PM      Profile for Clinton Hunt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will watch your post with interest Bob as I have all the Chimp 16mm e.g. Chimp the cowboy,Chimp the fireman etc,but only a couple of Zippy on Standard 8mm and I think one is the birthday party.

[ February 02, 2018, 02:38 AM: Message edited by: Clinton Hunt ]

--------------------
Cheers from me in New Zealand :-)

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted February 02, 2018 03:56 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have both on 16mm, but regretfully, they are on very faded Eastmancolor.
Birthday Party is very coy, with all the young party members dressed to the nines, as is also Zippy.
Beach Adventures is quite entertaining.

--------------------
Maurice

Bob Furmanek
Film Handler

- posted February 02, 2018 04:53 AM      Profile for Bob Furmanek   Author's Homepage   Email Bob Furmanek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Maurice. You've confirmed the film stock for me. I was hoping it was Kodachrome.

Sigh...

--------------------
Bob Furmanek
www.3dFilmArchive.com

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC