8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Is this Lens for 8mm or 16mm projector? (1.2 f=50mm)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is this Lens for 8mm or 16mm projector? (1.2 f=50mm)
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted February 21, 2018 04:50 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am returning home to Indonesia for a couple days.

Straight away from the airport, I visited the old camera store where I found a bunch of scope lens brand new (NOS).

But that is not why I am here, I was offered with Elmo lenses (brand new too) with 1.2 f=50mm as seen below pictures.

I have no idea if this lens for 8mm or 16mm projector. And is this kind lens sought after by collectors? I can buy them and listed here if there is a price for that.

-

-

Your opinion is valuable.

ps: I got quite number of Elmoscope I lenses and original bracket for 16CL. I will list them whenI am returning toNew Caledonia.

Cheers

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted February 21, 2018 06:40 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Although I don't own a 16mm Elmo projector (but no doubt other members do), to me that very much looks like the sort of 'standard' lens that a new 16mm projector would generally come with. It could be the Elmo equivalent of (e.g.) the F1.2 50mm lens that an Eiki would have. It wouldn't therefore strike me as an obvious one for a store to sell, but I don't know if perhaps at least some Elmo 16mm projectors were sold with zoom lenses instead? 50mm lenses tend to sell for lower prices, partly because there are so many in circulation, and collectors tend to be looking for ones to use with a shorter throw.

The owner of that amazing shop must be so pleased that you discovered it! If only there were a few more around.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted February 21, 2018 06:58 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are so many projector bulbs, but I am not sure which one is the rarest ones. So if you can give me the light I might buy several.

The most common bulbs like EJL and ELC are sold for regular prices ($10-12) but that price is also applied for other lamps. So if you know the rarest bulb that will be a good deal.

But for sure ESC is not there as I am ooking it for my GS.

--------------------
Winbert

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC