8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Wanted: Sheep Ahoy and Legend of Rockabye Point

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wanted: Sheep Ahoy and Legend of Rockabye Point
Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 21, 2018 05:30 AM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looking for good colour prints of these WB Sam The Sheepdog and Chilly Willy prints. Would accept super 8 too.

|  IP: Logged

Rob Koeling
Master Film Handler

- posted June 22, 2018 07:25 AM      Profile for Rob Koeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Stuart,

If it is for a show, I have a print of Sheep Ahoy that you are welcome to borrow. Not ready to part with it yet, though. I'm rather fond of Sam and Ralph!

- Rob

Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 22, 2018 08:26 AM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Rob I'll bear that in mind! Hopefully I'll need it for my big outdoor camping and movie fest in Kent in early October.

By the way, it's not the one I sold 8 or 9 years back is it? [Wink]

Rob Koeling
Master Film Handler

- posted June 22, 2018 09:06 AM      Profile for Rob Koeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ha, yes of course it is! Great cartoon!

Camping and movie fest sounds fantastic, although isn't October pushing your luck a bit (weather wise)?
Have you got your eyes on a campsite yet?

- Rob

Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 22, 2018 10:04 AM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, yes we're pushing our luck a little, but it's the only date we can do. I've got a friend who has family with land in Kent, a nice big field near Headcorn. They've let it out for Festivals previously, and last weekend I remarked that it would be great fun to grab my big outdoor screen, a xenon projector (hello!) and run some movies, camping out overnight. They jumped at the idea, so we're going to try and put it all together. Hoping to raise a little money for Parkinson's research too, as my friend's mother is suffering from it, and another friend lost her father to it just last week. The plan will be to rock up on the Friday, get set up, have a film quiz and maybe some music, then on the Saturday run a kid's film around 7ish, then a more adult-oriented movie around 9, with a midnight matinee for those still awake.

I used to run movie nights in the beer garden of my local The Village in Walthamstow about 12-15 years ago (all rather hush-hush as I didn't go to too much trouble re: rights clearance) and people loved the technology behind it all. It's even more pronounced these days, people are fascinated with analogue tech, so I imagine it could be quite popular.

Rob Koeling
Master Film Handler

- posted June 22, 2018 10:44 AM      Profile for Rob Koeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's a great idea! If it's open to strangers like myself, I will load up the old VW T25 with a random selection of family members, the xenon machine, a barrel of local ale and some bangers and mackerel filets for on the bbq and park the camper in the mud for the weekend.
I am well familiar with Parkinson's. Any contribution towards fighting it is a worthy cause!

- Rob

Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 22, 2018 04:16 PM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rob, it's totally open to you and yours - I think i'm relying on your tech after all! I'm going to press my LPU into service, and I'll source some decent PA to get the best from our optical source. I'll have a proper catch up with you as soon as the date is nailed on. Funnily enough I had a T25 for a few years, a fairly unusual water-cooled one, loved it but just couldn't afford to keep it on the road as it was so unreliable. If it turns out you've got UAM266Y there's some crazy synchronicity going on!

Rob Koeling
Master Film Handler

- posted June 22, 2018 05:38 PM      Profile for Rob Koeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ha! No, ours has an air-cooled engine. The outside is falling apart, but the engine (the original 1980 engine) is still going strong! Hoping to find some time to do up the body work a bit before the summer starts. We started talking about how many parts of a van you can replace and still call it the same van. Probably worth discussing after the midnight matinee, while finishing of the last few pints of the barrel of Sussex ale in the pouring autumn rain in the middle of nowhere in the South England countryside.
Sounds like a great event!

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted June 23, 2018 05:37 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This sounds like a great event, chaps.
How do you guys power the projector out there?

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 23, 2018 07:04 AM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The last time I went to Headcorn I'm pretty sure the National Grid power supply had reached there Michael [Big Grin]

Joking apart I would guess very long power leads from the house or a generator would be needed - I would love to go myself Stu but I'm still waiting for a stomach operation so can't travel very far or do anything at all on bad days.

Kevin

Stuart Reid
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 24, 2018 02:06 AM      Profile for Stuart Reid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be hiring out a generator for the weekend, for sure. Kev, sorry to hear you're not match fit, hopefully if this is a hit we'll do it again next year.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 27, 2018 11:21 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Super 8 was sadly, printed on Kodak SP or eastman and while they have held up slightly better than others, they do tend to have fade on super 8. Beware1 I'm partial to the other tex Avery walter lantz, "Crazy mixed Up Pup!"! (as good as any that Tex did at MGM!) [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC