8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » 35mm freebie

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 35mm freebie
Chris Bird
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2018 06:52 AM      Profile for Chris Bird   Email Chris Bird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I’m helping a friend clear out his collection. Anyone have any use for two x 2000’ 35mm reels of The Silent Flute? Aka Circle of Iron. It’s only two of five reels, on cores. Free, but must be collected from my cutting room near Piccadilly Circus, I’ve too much stuff to go through to get into shipping. No vinegar syndrome. More freebies will follow as I go through everything.

|  IP: Logged

Mark L Barton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2018 12:35 PM      Profile for Mark L Barton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Chris. I teach film making at UWE in Bristol. Im always pushing the students engagement with celluloid film, whilst they produce on digital. I have several displays at our film studio campus of old cine cameras, projectors and rolls of film. Would be a major benefit to get the 35mm print from you. iIf ever I can get upto London l'll check to see if you still have the film. Cheers Mark

Chris Bird
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2018 02:59 PM      Profile for Chris Bird   Email Chris Bird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mark, I'd like to move them on quickly but can post them to you via MyHermes if you'll cover the cost. I think it will be about 8kg though, so not too cheap. Let me know if you'd like to do this, and if so PM me your address.

Mark L Barton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 21, 2018 06:36 AM      Profile for Mark L Barton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That would be outstanding, yes will cover the postage and any packing costs: My delivery address is:

Mark Barton
UWE Faculty of Creative Industries
Bower Studios
City Campus Room1G006
Kennel Lodge Road.
Bristol Avon BS3 2JT

Thank you, Mark

Chris Bird
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 21, 2018 04:28 PM      Profile for Chris Bird   Email Chris Bird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great Mark, I’ll pack it up at the weekend and get it off to you on Monday

Chris Bird
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 26, 2018 01:15 AM      Profile for Chris Bird   Email Chris Bird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mark, the film will go off to you this morning. The shipping is £6.50. Thank you.

Mark L Barton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 29, 2018 05:15 PM      Profile for Mark L Barton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A shout to Chris. Thank you for the film, it's going on display in the vintage film making cabinets in our new film studios building at Bower Ashton campus, University of the West of England. Cheers and thank you.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC