8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Charlie Chaplin The Pawnshop 1916 with music track

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Charlie Chaplin The Pawnshop 1916 with music track
Chris Bird
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 24, 2019 02:11 AM      Profile for Chris Bird   Email Chris Bird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice 16mm print of Chaplin's 1916 two-reeler The Pawnshop. This has the 1930s music and effects track by Sharples and Rodemich.

Nice print in good condition. the only significant defect is that towards the end of the scene with the clock being pawned the grading changes to a slightly darker look, and it stays like that to the end (ie about the last 5 minutes or so).

I've had a lot of pleasure out of this print, and shown it to audiences several times. This actual print was used to supply material for the remastering of Kevin Brownlow and David Gill's Unknown Chaplin for the DVD release, which I worked on, as it was better quality than Kevin's print.

No vinegar syndrome. On a Tuscan 800' spool in a Tuscan can.

£45 plus postage.

-

-

-

-

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC