8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm equipment for sale/trade   » Wanted: Dust Cover & Remote for Eiki/B&H 3592

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wanted: Dust Cover & Remote for Eiki/B&H 3592
Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted November 24, 2004 05:04 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've just obtained a Eiki/B&H 3592/AX projector and I'd like to obtain a remote control and a dust cover for it. The projector is even slimmer than a typical slim line (it doesn't have speakers in the cover) so the standard slim line dust cover would not be ideal. If anyone is willing to sell either or both of these of these, or can suggest a possible source, I'd appreciate it if you could let me know.
Adrian

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

|  IP: Logged

John Whittle
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 25, 2004 04:42 PM      Profile for John Whittle   Email John Whittle       Edit/Delete Post 
For the remote your best bet is an Eiki dealer. Not a big seller and most of these were used in custom installations with a fabractor's contol system. You'll find the wiring in your hand Eiki SNT/ENT service manual.

As for the right side cover, you can use either the speaker or non speaker type on this machine (you cannot use the non-speaker type on the Xenon machines, however) so you can use a cover from any SSL or SNT machine.

Again, many more machines were sold without covers and many more are lost or discarded so a dealer is your best source.

FWIW, the dealer prices on these two items are probably much more than you paid for your machine!!

John

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted November 25, 2004 07:10 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John,
Thanks for those tips. I'm in the UK and I have serious doubts whether any dealer here could assist - I spoke to probably the best one and he said it would be quite feasible to make a remote - although I must say that I like tracking down the 'official' merchandise, so I'll try to do this first. If you can recommend one or two dealers in the USA, I'd be grateful.
As for the cover, I actually meant the soft vinyl-type cover to put over the casing. I know these items would not be cheap but they won't be more than the cost of the projector, which was over $500! However, it was a brand new machine (set to 240v 50Hz), in the original sealed box, that I got on eBay from Magna-Tech, so I thought it was worth it. I've never come across one of these in the UK, and even SSL series projectors are rarely seen here.
Adrian

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

John Whittle
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 26, 2004 09:14 AM      Profile for John Whittle   Email John Whittle       Edit/Delete Post 
Try Magna-Tech (they're part of International Cinema) since they are a dealer. One other possibility is KMR in Santa Ana Ca but don't know if they do export. You need to specify for the soft cover the -0 or -1 size machine.

KMR or Steve at International might be able to get you the remote as well if Eiki has any left since they can buy thru Eiki USA from the factory in Japan.

John

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC