8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm equipment for sale/trade   » Wanted Pageant Take-Up Belt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wanted Pageant Take-Up Belt
John Whittle
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 25, 2005 12:27 PM      Profile for John Whittle   Email John Whittle       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone have for sale or know of a source for the fabric Pageant Take-Up belt?

Thanks

JohnW248 at aol dot com

|  IP: Logged

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 25, 2005 01:25 PM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I hope you find a source...my belts are getting a bit ragged and not taking up tightly enough. And how the heck do you install them without taking half the projector apart? I'm not very good at such things.

Steven Sigel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 26, 2005 07:18 AM      Profile for Steven Sigel   Email Steven Sigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi John,

I've got a box of new Pageant parts in the basement somewhere. I'll try to dig it up for you -- I'm not quite sure what I did with it, but it should be around somwhere...

John Whittle
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 26, 2005 05:24 PM      Profile for John Whittle   Email John Whittle       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Steve,

I've got the first Kodak sound projector (A Kodascope Sound Special made in 1937-41) and I've got it running, but I'm hoping that the take up belt is the same size as all the other Pageants. It's a neat little machine in a metal Art Deco Case. Still looking for the amp that went with it, but it may have departed the planet many years ago.

John

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 27, 2005 11:37 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gad, Steve...you've got EVERYTHING in that basement of yours. But again I've been looking at my 250s's and trying to figure out how to
install that belt . I don't want to tear anything apart without knowing exactly what I'm doing and what to expect. thanks to all who can answer this one.

Steven Sigel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 27, 2005 05:30 PM      Profile for Steven Sigel   Email Steven Sigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi John,

Email me your shipping addres (sts (@) sigel (.) net) -- I found a brand new belt and I'll send it to you..

John Whittle
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 28, 2005 12:17 AM      Profile for John Whittle   Email John Whittle       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Steve, I've sent you an email.

Gary,

It's been a long time since I've taken a 250 apart, but as I recall you can pull the top sprocket by removing the cross-point screw and get access to the pulley for both the feed/rewind and the take-up belt. I'd really have to dig up the book again to be sure.

John

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC