8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm equipment for sale/trade   » Wanted: Eiki wide angle projection lens

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wanted: Eiki wide angle projection lens
Jenny Perlin
Junior

- posted September 08, 2005 07:31 PM      Profile for Jenny Perlin   Author's Homepage   Email Jenny Perlin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm looking to buy a wide-angle lens which fits an Eiki projector. I posted this already on the wrong part of this site--sorry! I've been looking on ebay but don't have a good sense of the quality of the lenses they are selling. It doesn't have to be an Eiki lens, specifically, just a decent one which will fit the projector.
Thanks,
Jenny

--------------------
Jenny Perlin

|  IP: Logged

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted September 08, 2005 09:26 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jenny,

welcome to the forum! [Smile] To help you find a lens for your Eiki, we'll have to establish a few things first... what is the projection distance from your projector to the screen, and how large is the screen (i.e. how large of an image do you want to show)? I'm assuming you have a standard 50mm (2") lens, which is indeed too small for most cases, unless you want to show movies in a classroom or auditorium... [Wink]
A 25mm (1") lens should be perfect for you, unfortunately those don't turn up on eBay a lot and when they do, they sell for insane prices up to $200 (for original Eiki lenses). [Eek!] You can find non-Eiki lenses that will have the same barrel thread/diameter and fit an Eiki machine, though... One other thing to look out for is the f-stop of the lens - you want it to be as close to 1.0 as you can get. 1.3 or even 1.2 are excellent - 1.4 and 1.5 quite good - 1.6 and higher, you start to lose some brightness as the projector light passes through the lens. I would recommend you draw the line at 1.8 or 1.9; at 2.0 or higher you probably won't be very happy with the lens. (It depends on the size of the projected image, too - obviously the larger, the less brightness there is.)
Hope this helps you in finding what you need... I'm sure one or two people on this forum may have lenses to offer to you for sale as well... Good luck! [Smile]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Steven Sigel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 08, 2005 09:52 PM      Profile for Steven Sigel   Email Steven Sigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jenny --

I've got a 20mm lens for Eiki (10 times larger picture than a regular 50mm lens). It's not an Eiki brand lens - not sure what it is. It's $125 + shipping.

Jan actually tried out the lens but the picture was too big for his room -- so I've got it back and it's available if you want it.

email me at : sts (at) sigel (dot) net

Jenny Perlin
Junior

- posted September 09, 2005 02:47 PM      Profile for Jenny Perlin   Author's Homepage   Email Jenny Perlin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi thanks for the info and advice!
im wondering what fstop the lens you have on offer is?
thanks so much
jenny

--------------------
Jenny Perlin

Jenny Perlin
Junior

- posted September 09, 2005 02:50 PM      Profile for Jenny Perlin   Author's Homepage   Email Jenny Perlin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yes, and for what i need the lens for? i forgot to answer that. i usually show my films (short film loops) in a gallery and they want the image big but don't have much space to put the projector far away from the wall. so the size is variable. i usually want to put the projector close and have the projection be around 4 feet or 5 feet wide, but from a close distance.
thanks
jenny

[Smile]

--------------------
Jenny Perlin

Steven Sigel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 09, 2005 04:21 PM      Profile for Steven Sigel   Email Steven Sigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jenny,

If you have the ability to move the projector closer or further away (a bit), you should be all set...

As I mentioned - this lens will give you a picture that's about 10 times bigger than what you get now...

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted September 09, 2005 06:36 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And I can vouch for that!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Jenny Perlin
Junior

- posted September 09, 2005 10:07 PM      Profile for Jenny Perlin   Author's Homepage   Email Jenny Perlin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cool! Thanks folks! btw im from ohio and now in massachusetts--small world! [Razz]

--------------------
Jenny Perlin

Jenny Perlin
Junior

- posted September 15, 2005 01:51 PM      Profile for Jenny Perlin   Author's Homepage   Email Jenny Perlin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey just wanted to give a big thank you to the forum for putting me in touch with Steven Sigel! The projector's great, Steven, and so is the lens!
Best,
Jenny
[Smile]

--------------------
Jenny Perlin

Steven Sigel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 16, 2005 10:10 AM      Profile for Steven Sigel   Email Steven Sigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jenny,

Glad you're happy with everything. Good luck with your exhibitions!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC