8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm equipment for sale/trade   » Need Shutter For PG-201

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need Shutter For PG-201
Dan Lail
Film God

- posted March 18, 2006 02:01 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I still have my old RCA PG-201 I used thirty years ago. Due to improper storge the shutter was deteriorated. Anyone know where to find another shutter? This sounds like a case for John Whittle. [Cool]

These were military projectors as tough as a tank. Someone told me they were made to be thrown off the delivery truck. [Eek!]

P.s. Where is Rick Skowronek? [Confused]

[ April 01, 2006, 11:21 PM: Message edited by: Dan Lail ]

|  IP: Logged

John Whittle
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 26, 2006 06:00 PM      Profile for John Whittle   Email John Whittle       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know how much difference there is between the PG-201 and the 400 series for the shutter. Depending on how much is gone, if you still have the hub, etc, you can fashion new blades out of a sheet of thin brass you can pick up at a hobby store.

That's probably going to be a lot cheaper than buying a parts machine only to find out the shutter won't fit. The PG does weigh a ton just like the FS Kodak machine of the same vintage.

You might want to check the amp first, if you had storage problems, then you might have to replace the caps in the amp as well.

Note: See Chris' post below for a 400 RCA projector

John

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted April 01, 2006 11:20 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John, the amp sounds quite. I e-mailed Chris about the RCA 400 and am waiting for a reply. I thought about making a blade but didn't know if it would be feasible. I really don't need another projector, but what the heck! [Wink]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC