8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm equipment for sale/trade   » Wanted: Elmo 38mm Lens

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wanted: Elmo 38mm Lens
Stewart McSporran
Master Film Handler

- posted January 02, 2007 03:10 PM      Profile for Stewart McSporran   Email Stewart McSporran   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After my experiences with sleeve mounted 1" lenses I've decided to steer clear of that size and style and stick with the original article.

So, does anyone have an Elmo 38mm lens that they'd care to use to offset the XMas bills?

regards
Stewart

|  IP: Logged

Rob Koeling
Master Film Handler

- posted January 04, 2007 05:29 AM      Profile for Rob Koeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stewart,

I'm not selling my lens, but the guy I bought the lens from had a few more in stock when I bought it (for a fraction of the price Wittner Kinotechnik asks for these lenses). Though, it's more than a year ago when I bought this lens. I'll send you a PM with his contact details. Keep an eye on the German Ebay. The 38mm lens and the 35mm-70mm zoom lens are offered occasionally there (and can normally be had for less than £100).

- Rob

Tom A. Pennock
Master Film Handler

- posted January 04, 2007 11:08 PM      Profile for Tom A. Pennock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stewart:
I just bought a one inch lens for my Kodak which is the same model as the Elmo CL. What problem did you have with this type of one inch lens?

Thank's!

--Tom

Stewart McSporran
Master Film Handler

- posted January 05, 2007 09:14 AM      Profile for Stewart McSporran   Email Stewart McSporran   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rob,

Thanks for the pointers.

Tom,

The one I bought was a B&H 1" lens mounted in a sleeve. There were two basic problems.

1) The sleeve was too loose in the lens holder so when turning the focus knob the lens tended to pivot as well as move in and out. This caused uneven focus across the screen.

2) The rear element was practically the same size as the film frame. I'm certain this was causing pin cusion distortion.

Bottom line; I returned the lens.

Stewart

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted January 27, 2007 03:53 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Stewart. Bit late now but a mint lens in the orig box sold at Blackpool FCC for £25.00. I nearly got it myself and wish I had now as you could have had it. Blast it!

Stewart McSporran
Master Film Handler

- posted January 27, 2007 04:38 AM      Profile for Stewart McSporran   Email Stewart McSporran   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Lee,

I'm just back from paying import VAT to the post office on the lens I bought from Urbanski. I paid him £80, I felt good about that price until you mentioned £25!

I'll contact you in a week or so about the Farnsworth event.

Stewart

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC