8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm equipment for sale/trade   » Eiki Scope Bracket wtd

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eiki Scope Bracket wtd
Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted February 18, 2007 05:26 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Could do with finding a scope bracket to take the ElmoScope16 (same as Kowa 8Z) for my Eiki RM1. This lens has the 52mm rear barrel.

Thanks, Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

|  IP: Logged

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted February 18, 2007 01:37 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kev
I might be able to help I went through my junk box and came across a complete Scope bracket swing assy, the inside dia is 52mm I am not sure if its what you are looking for, let me no if you are interested and I can send on some photos in a few days if you are unable to get one locally.

Regards Graham.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted February 18, 2007 03:31 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Graham, Is this for the Eiki machines? It looks like it should fix on the side just under the lens so it can swing into place.
52mm would be just right.

Some pics would be useful. Thanks, Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted February 19, 2007 01:56 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kev
Looks like its attached by two screws 43mm from there centres on the chrome slide directy under the lens the scope bracket slides fore or aft along it and the lens hinges up or down in front of the projector lens I dont no for sure but I think its for an Eiki what do you think?
 -
Graham.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted February 19, 2007 03:21 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Graham, I'll check tonight but that does look about right. I'll check the distance between the fixing holes to be sure. It does look very similar to the one supplied by Elmo for the CL/AL machines.

Kev.

[ February 19, 2007, 05:39 AM: Message edited by: Kevin Faulkner ]

--------------------

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted February 19, 2007 01:44 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kev
Have just checked it on a Elmo projector and it fits perfectly I never thought to try it, the finish on the bracket had the Elmo look. I also tried roughly positioning it on a Eiki NT2 and apart from a small mod to the chrome sleeve for the screws 25mm from centres it seems to line up very well with the projector lens. There is also a small screw "not seen in the photo" that acts as a stop and adjusts the position of the scope lens in relation to the projector lens.

Graham.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted February 19, 2007 05:19 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting that its the same colour as the late series Eiki's. Yes my Eiki has the same 25mm centres.

I thought it looked the same as the Elmo ones.

If you think it could be modded then I would be interested.

Kev.

--------------------

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted February 20, 2007 02:56 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kev
If the Eiki RM1 is the same as the NT2 it should line up Ok apart from drilling new holes on the sleeve you might have to file a little bit of it as well, to give a bit more clearance for the lens holder stop at the bottom, apart from that it should work fine. it centralized well with the projector lens.

Have sent a e-mail

Graham.

Rob Koeling
Master Film Handler

- posted March 02, 2007 06:41 AM      Profile for Rob Koeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guys,

How did this story end? I'm desperately (well, how desperate can you be for a scope bracket...) looking for a scope bracket for the Elmo CL. If it's still available, I'd like to buy it from you, Graham. I think I can help Kevin with a bracket for his Eiki. That would make everybody happy?

Cheers,

- Rob

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC