8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm equipment for sale/trade   » 75mm lens for Elmo CL wanted (buy or borrow)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 75mm lens for Elmo CL wanted (buy or borrow)
Rob Koeling
Master Film Handler

- posted April 06, 2007 03:05 PM      Profile for Rob Koeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My daughter's schoool is going to have a 'early cinema' themed parade later this year. To get in the mood I offered to show them some shorts on 16mm and S8 some time next month. There is a piano and pianist available. I'm going to bring the projectors, screen and a pile of films.

However, the projection throw is quite a bit greater than at home, so the lenses I use at home are a bit one the short side. I have a 35-65mm zoom lens, but even at 65mm I have to put the projector to far into the hall. I would like a longer lens. To buy would be great, but if I can borrow (from a fellow UK collector) for this occasion, than that would help me out as well.I know there was a 75mm lens available. If anyone could help me with that lens, that would be great. If there are other long lenses available, than I would like to hear about that as well.

Thanks!

- Rob

|  IP: Logged

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted April 06, 2007 04:36 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Something to look for is the original Elmo zoom lens, which is a 1:1.7 50-100mm
Never saw one, though.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 09, 2007 06:18 PM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Rob
I have an Elmo 75mm prime lens and also the rarer Elmo 50mm to 100mm zoom lens, both fit the 16CL - I'll send you a PM with more details soon.
Kevin.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC