8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm equipment for sale/trade   » Huge (more than 100) lot of movie projectors

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Huge (more than 100) lot of movie projectors
Alan L. Hitchcox
Film Handler

- posted November 21, 2007 10:33 PM      Profile for Alan L. Hitchcox   Author's Homepage   Email Alan L. Hitchcox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was in Rhode Island last week (I live in Ohio) and met with Steve DiIorio, whose dad collected, refurbished, and sold movie projectors. His dad passed away this summer, so Steve is faced with having to unload more than 100 projectors. He has posted them for sale on Craig's list, and you can see his listing and some pics at this link: http://providence.craigslist.org/pho/481633914.html
I didn't have time to assess the condition of every projector, but all appear to be in good conditon. Steve said some are ready to sell, some only need cleaning, and some will need minor repairs (bulbs and/or belts). He also has some boxes of parts, three or four 16mm film editors, and several portable screens. Many (most?) of the 16mm projectors came from schools.
Steve is asking only $500 for the whole lot. I hated to pass up this deal, but it would've cost me a lot of time and money to ship all this stuff 600 miles to my home.
This seems like a great opportunity for anyone in the area, so if you're interested, call Steve at 401-946-2886 or e-mail cranstonauto@aol.com.
He doesn't want to be bothered with selling individual projectors -- he wants to unload everything right away. However, he'd probably be willing to sell all of the 8s or all of the 16s. He also has some 35mm equipment.

--------------------
Alan Hitchcox
Willoughby, Ohio USA

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC