8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 16mm equipment for sale/trade   » Bell & Howell "Filmo" 16MM Camera 70 DL

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bell & Howell "Filmo" 16MM Camera 70 DL
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 26, 2009 09:28 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been holding onto this wonderful 16MM camera for the longest time, hoping to get a chance to shoot a modern silent movie, but I sincerely don't think I'll be able to get around to it.

Therefore, I offer this great camera for sale. I can verify that it is in excellent running shape, in it's original brown leather case AND it even has its original oil container. The brown leather case is a little worn on the outside, (It's the original Bell & Howell case).

The old fellow I bought it from said that he was a war coorespondent during World War 2 and Korea, and he used it over there. For a camera that went all over the world, it is in very good shape. All metal and very clean.

By the way, this is single sprocket, not double sprocket, so it is still good for shooting modern 16MM.

I will be looking this camera up on the internet, but I will be open to honorable bids. Please note, from what I have found, this camera, as a general rule, goes for 200.00 dollars and up, so, be serious in your offers.

Please e-mail me if you are interested.

All the best!

OSI

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 27, 2009 11:17 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi,

I first started shooting 16mm with a Filmo 70DR. What an incredible camera! It'll last forever!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Lars Pettersson
Master Film Handler

- posted April 27, 2009 12:43 PM      Profile for Lars Pettersson   Email Lars Pettersson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi,

congratulations to your wonderful camera [Smile]

The "Cinematography" site may be a good place to get the right kind of bid:
http://www.cinematography.com/

Standard-16 cameras in good shape with good lenses, combined with todays rawstock can yield fantastic results! [Smile]

Cheers
Lars

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 27, 2009 03:25 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
By the way, if some of you out there are super 8 film collectors, and you'd like to trade the camera for a feature, let me know what you have to trade.

OSI

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC